The TLE9251VLE is the latest Infineon High Speed CAN transceiver generation, used inside HS CAN networks for automotive and also for industrial applications.
It is designed to fulfill the requirements of the current ISO11898 standard (ISO11898-2 from 2003 and ISO11898-5 from 2007) and also the upcoming new version of ISO 11898-2 (2016) physical layer specification. Additionally it also fulfills the SAE standards J1939 and J2284-4/5. The TLE9251VLE has a low power Stand-by mode with bus wake-up pattern (WUP) detection feature according to ISO 11898-2 (2016). In Stand-by mode the TLE9251VLE is capable to detect a wake-up pattern even if VIO is the only supply voltage available (VCC switched off). The TLE9250VLE is offered in a tiny, leadless PG-TSON-8 package and is also available in standard PG-DSO-8 package, called TLE9250VSJ. Both packages are RoHS compliant and halogen free. Additionally the PG-TSON-8 package supports the solder joint requirements for reliable automated optical inspection (AOI). As an interface between the physical bus layer and the HS CAN protocol controller, the TLE9251VLE protects the microcontroller against interferences generated inside the network. A very high ESD robustness and the perfect RF immunity allows the use in automotive application without adding additional protection devices, like suppressor diodes for example. Based on the high symmetry of the CANH and CANL output signals, the TLE9251VLE provides a very low level of electromagnetic emission (EME) within a wide frequency range. The TLE9251VLE fulfills even stringent EMC test limits without additional external circuit, like a common mode choke for example. The perfect transmitter symmetry combined with the optimized delay symmetry of the receiver enables the TLE9251VLE to support CAN FD data frames. Depending on the size of the network and the along coming parasitic effects the device supports bit rates up to 5 MBit/s. Fail-safe features like overtemperature protection, output current limitation or the TxD timeout feature protect the TLE9251VLE and the external circuitry. While the transceiver TLE9251VLE is not supplied the bus is switched off and illustrate an ideal passive behavior with the lowest possible load to all other subscribers of the HS CAN network.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- Fully compliant to ISO11898-2 (2016)
- Guaranteed loop delay symmetry to support CAN FD data frames up to 5 MBit/s
- Very low electromagnetic emission (EME) allows the use without additional common mode choke
- VIO input for voltage adaption to the microcontroller interface (3.3V or 5V)
- Bus wake-up Pattern (WUP) function with optimized filter time for worldwide OEM usage
- Stand-by mode with minimized quiescent current
- Transmitter supply V cc can be turned off in Stand-by mode for additional quiescent current savings
- Tiny, leadless PG-TSON8 package ready for automated optical inspection (AOI)
- Excellent ESD robustness
- Extended supply range on the V CC and V IO supply
- TxD time-out function
- Wide common mode range for electromagnetic immunity (EMI)
- Very low CAN bus leakage current in power-down state