Motion detection and advanced radar sensing with XENSIV™ 60GHz radar MMICs
Thanks to their small form factor and low power consumption, Infineon’s highly integrated mmWave XENSIVTM 60GHz radar sensor solutions bring innovative, intuitive sensing capabilities to many applications. Radar has been demonstrated to be a powerful sensor for short range localization in surveillance, lighting, and smart home appliances. Additionally, Infineon’s 60 GHz radar sensor is also used for vital sign tracking in consumer electronics, healthcare, driver assistance, and industrial applications. All 60 GHz IoT radar sensors are optimized in size and come with Antennas in Package.
Micro motion sensing for industrial, consumer and mobile phone applications
The BGT60TR13C 60GHz radar sensor comes with one transmitting and three receiving antennas. With its small form factor and low power consumption, this 60GHz radar sensor has been demonstrated to be a powerful sensor for various industrial and consumer applications including the Google Pixel 4 smartphone. Thanks to the L-shaped antenna array, horizontal and vertical angular measurement can be made. This enables advanced radar sensing including presence detection, segmentation / tracking, vital, and gesture sensing.
Smallest motion sensor in the market: BGT60LTR11AIP
The BGT60LTR11AIP is a 60GHz Doppler radar sensor with one transmitting and one receiving antenna. It is the smallest motion sensor in the market, featuring integrated antennas as well as integrated detectors for motion as well as the direction of motion. The device supports multiple operating modes including a fully autonomous mode that does not require any software or hardware design. The 60GHz radar chip enables radar technology for everyone since RF, antenna design or radar signal processing expertise is not required on the user side.
- Smart Building and Smart Home devices such as thermostats, smoke detectors, smart speakers and other entertainment systems
- Smart appliances (Small home appliances and major home appliances) such as service robots, vacuum cleaners, lawnmower, washing machine and kitchen appliances
- Smart home security and alarm systems including IP cameras
- Screen based systems such as TVs, laptops or tablets
- Lighting systems and lighting control (mainly indoor lighting)
- Room air conditioners
- Automated door openers
- Smart entrance counter solution
- Contactless switches
- Multicopters and drones