The linear Hall IC TLE4998C3C has been designed specifically to meet the requirements of highly accurate angle and position detection as well as for current measurement applications. Two capacitors are integrated on the lead frame, making this sensor especially suitable for demanding EMC requirements The sensor provides a digital SPC (Short PWM Code) signal, based on the standardized SENT (Single Edge Nibble Transmission, SAE J2716) protocol. The SPC protocol allows transmissions initiated by the ECU. Two further operation modes are available: “range selection” for dynamical switching of the measurement range during operation ,“ID selection” to build a bus system with up to 4 ICs on a single output line and a common supply, which can be individually accessed by the ECU. Each transmission sequence contains an adjustable number of nibbles representing the magnetic field, the temperature value and a status information of the sensor. The output stage is an open-drain driver pulling the output pin to low only. Therefore, the high level needs to be obtained by an external pull-up resistor. This output type has the advantage that the receiver may use an even lower supply voltage (e.g. 3.3 V). In this case the pull-up resistor must be connected to the given receiver supply. The IC is produced in BiCMOS technology with high voltage capability, and it also has reverse-polarity protection. Digital signal processing using a 16-bit DSP architecture together with digital temperature compensation guarantee excellent long-time stability compared to analog compensation methods. While the overall resolution is 16 bits, some internal stages work with resolutions up to 20 bits.
Summary of Features:
- SPC (Short PWM Code) protocol with enhanced interface features based on SENT (Single Edge Nibble Transmission,defined by SAE J2716)
- 20-bit Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Digital temperature compensation
- 16-bit overall resolution
- Operates within automotive temperature range
- Low drift of output signal over temperature and lifetime
- Programmable parameters stored in EEPROM with single-bit error correction: SPC protocol modes: synchronous transmission, dynamic range selection, ID selection mode,SPC unit time,Magnetic range and sensitivity (gain), polarity of the output slope,Offset,Bandwidth,Clamping levels,Customer temperature compensation coefficients,Memory lock Re-programmable until memory lock
- Supply voltage 4.5 - 5.5 V (4.1 - 16 V in extended range)
- Operation between -200 mT and +200 mT within three ranges
- Reverse-polarity and overvoltage protection for all pins
- Output short-circuit protection
- On-board diagnostics (overvoltage, EEPROM error, start up)
- Output of internal magnetic field values and temperature
- Programming and operation of multiple sensors with common power supply
- Two-point calibration of magnetic transfer function without iteration steps
- High immunity against mechanical stress, EMC, ESD
- Package with two capacitors:47nF(VDD to GND) and 4.7nF(OUT to GND)
- Robust replacement of potentiometers,No mechanical abrasion,Resistant to humidity, temperature, pollution and vibration
- Linear and angular position sensing in automotive applications such as pedal position, suspension control, throttle position, headlight levelling, and steering torque sensing
- Sensing of high current for battery management, motor control,and electronic fuses
Finden Sie eine Antwort auf Ihre Frage
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)
Infineon begrüßt Ihre Kommentare und Fragen.
Wenn Sie Fragen zu unseren Produkten haben, füllen Sie bitte das folgende Formular aus. Ihre Anfrage wird an einen entsprechenden Spezialisten gesendet, der so bald wie möglich eine Antwort senden wird.
Sie erhalten eine Bestätigungs-E-Mail um Ihre Adresse in unserem System zu validieren. Jede angehängte Datei in Ihrer Antwort, die uns helfen kann, Ihre Anfrage bestmöglich zu beantworten, ist willkommen.