The TLE5012BD is a fully redundant 360° angle sensor that detects the orientation of a magnetic field. This is achieved by measuring sine and cosine angle components with monolithic integrated Giant Magneto Resistance (iGMR) elements.
Highly precise angle values are determined over a wide temperature range and a long lifetime using an internal autocalibration algorithm.
Data communications are accomplished with a bi-directional Synchronous Serial Communication (SSC) that is SPI-compatible.
The absolute angle value and other values are transmitted via SSC or via a Pulse-Width-Modulation (PWM) Protocol. The sine and cosine raw values can also be read out. These raw signals are digitally processed internally to calculate the angle orientation of the magnetic field (magnet).
The TLE5012BD is a pre-calibrated sensor. The calibration parameters are stored in laser fuses. At start-up the values of the fuses are written into flip-flops, where these values can be changed by the application-specific parameters.
Online diagnostic functions are provided to ensure reliable operation.
Summary of Features:
- Giant Magneto Resistance (GMR)-based principle
- Fully redundant design with two sensor ICs in one package
- Integrated magnetic field sensing for angle measurement
- 360° angle measurement with revolution counter and angle speed measurement
- Two separate highly accurate single bit SD-AD
- 15 bit representation of absolute angle value on the output (resolution of 0.01°)
- 16 bit representation of sine / cosine values on the interface
- Max. 1.0° angle error over lifetime and temperature-range with activated auto-calibration
- Bi-directional SSC Interface up to 8Mbit/s
- Supports Safety Integrity Level (SIL) with diagnostic functions and status information
- Interfaces: SSC, PWM, Incremental Interface (IIF), Hall Switch Mode (HSM), Short PWM Code (SPC, based on SENT protocol defined in SAE J2716)
- Output pins can be configured (programmed or pre-configured) as push-pull or open-drain
- Bus mode operation of multiple sensors on one line is possible with SSC or SPC interface in open-drain configuration
- 0.25 μm CMOS technology
- ESD > 4kV (HBM)
The TLE5012BD GMR-based dual die angle sensor is designed for angular position sensing in automotive applications such as:
- Electrical commutated motor (e.g. used in Electric Power Steering (EPS) and actuators)
- Steering angle measurements
- General angular sensing