High-Side Switches Unterkategorien
- Power PROFET™ | Automotive Smart High-Side Switch
- PROFET™ Load Guard 12V | Automotive Smart High-Side Switch
- PROFET™+ 2 12V
- PROFET™ +12V | Automotive Smart High-Side Switch
High-side switches are used to turn electrical loads ON and OFF by switching the positive (high-) side of the load supply. Additionally, smart high-side switches are designed with the ability to protect themselves and diagnose possible unintended system behavior.
The PROFET™ family is Infineon's solution for power switch ICs. PROFET™ stands for PROtected MOSFET and gathers all high-side switches, including automotive qualified and products for industrial use. PROFET™ intelligent high-switches consist of DMOS power transistors and CMOS logic circuitry to form a device with integrated driver functionality, protection, and diagnostic features.
Infineon’s extensive portfolio of PROFET™ smart high-side power switches is clustered into a variety of product families that are supported for a wide range of applications. With state-of-the-art diagnostics and protection features, PROFET™ devices can switch loads in a wide current range including cost optimized solutions, for loads below 1 A (e.g. LED loads) up to loads of 40 A (e.g. PTC heater) using the newest low RDS(on) high current switches.
High-Side Switch Product Portfolio
Infineon’s PROFET™ protected high-side MOSFET power switches offer solutions for a wide range of automotive and industrial applications and are available as single and multi-channel switches. Our latest DMOS transistor technologies offer improved short circuit robustness and better performance as well as high voltage capability and optimized chip size.
All PROFET™ smart high-side power switch families offer protection against overload, overvoltage, short-circuit, excessive temperature, ground loss, power supply loss, and Electrostatic Discharge (ESD). Additionally, the different PROFET™ high-side load switch families can protect against dynamic overvoltage such as load dump and inductive load turn-off depending on the application they were designed for (e.g. automotive, industrial, consumer, commercial, construction, and agricultural vehicles (CAV)).
PROFET™ includes several families:
Comparison to a MOSFET, diversity and versatility
Additionally to the protection and diagnostics that a MOSFET doesn’t provide, the PROFET, as integrated solution, certainly offers an ease-of-use compared to a simple MOSFET. First, it measures the load current and feedback it to the microcontroller, which is not easily available with just a MOSFET. Furthermore, thanks to its integrated charge pump, the PROFET enables you to plug it directly to a microcontroller without having to calibrate the command voltage in input of the PROFET™ (VIN).
Thanks to the wide range of RDSon and packages within the PROFET™ portfolio, you will very likely find an answer to every of your needs. At the same time, the scalability of the PROFET™ within a sub-family enables you to keep a certain design flexibility.
Established expertise and benchmark quality
The PROFET have been commercialized for more than 20 years and have long ago legitimated their leader place on the market. By choosing Infineon high side switch solutions, you opt for the market leading products in quality, reliability and performance. Indeed, the 15 year established know-how in power switch ICS, the highest manufacturing quality and the on-going innovation make the PROFET products the most trustworthy power Switch ICs.
With the aim of evolving with our customers’ needs and the market trends, we constantly improve our products.
- We create new technologies,
- we develop new features,
- and we decline existing products in more cost and energy effective package
to be sure to always propose a solution that is adapted your requirements.
Benefits of the newest families
The newest smart switches families (PROFET™+2 12V, SPOC™+2, Power PROFET™) inherited the sustained technological know-how of the previous families to achieve excellence. In addition to their different features, you can be sure, when opting for one of those three families, that you will:
- Save PCB-space, due to their smaller packages.
- Save cost, thanks to the integrated diode to GND and the smaller package.
- While benefiting from the advantage of a very low power dissipation, thanks to a new technology enabling the very low RDSon.
- Get an outstanding high current accuracy, increasing the safety of your system.
- Benefit from an advanced protection thanks to the intelligent Auto-Restart/Latch functions.
Benefits of the established families
Not to be outdone, the established product families (PROFET™+ and Classic PROFET™) also have their benefits:
- Using them is the insurance that you are using a performance-proofed device. Indeed R&D has worked over the years to improve their quality and manufacture, and Classic PROFET™ counts some of our most widely used parts, even as of today.
- With PROFET™+ and Classic PROFET™, you can also design for a 24V system. Indeed those two families are declined as well for 12V applications as for 24V applications.
- High energy capability
- For applications that have special voltage requirements, PROFET™+ and Classic PROFET™ offer an extended operating voltage and the possibility to support for a short time until 42V for PROFET+12V and until 65V for PROFET+24V.