OPTIREG™ | Mid-Range+ SBC Family
Infineon’s Mid-Range+ System Basis Chips (MR+ SBC) combine power supply (LDO), communication transceivers (CAN FD/LIN), diagnosis and support in a single, cost optimized device and are used in various automotive applications.
Mid-Range + SBC offers a high level of integration, performance and scalability. Up to three low-drop voltage regulators with 5V or 3.3V output voltage, one CAN (including partial networking and flexible data-rate) and up to two LIN transceivers complying with the latest automotive standards and OEM requirements.
The devices include diagnostic and supervision features to support ECU functional safety concept like under-voltage monitoring, window watchdog with reset, fail-safe operating mode, fail-safe outputs. There are also available four high-side switches to drive external loads, wake-inputs and general purpose input-outputs (GPIOs) to monitor inputs or activate loads. Mid-Range SBCs offer low-power modes in order to support applications that are connected permanently to the battery. All devices feature an exposed pad PG-VQFN-48 (7mm x 7mm) power package (supporting Automatic Optical Inspection). The entire family is pin-to–pin and software compatible and is designed to withstand the severe conditions of automotive applications.
Space saving: 80% PCB board space savings by integration 8 chips in 1 single VQFN package with 7x7mm footprint
Energy saving: Offers intelligent power saving modes including stop and sleep mode, and supports energy management enabling Very low quiescent current mode
High system reliability: Extensive diagnostics and protections are embedded including limp home functionality
Reduced cost: Minimum number of external components reduce. Savings in BOM cost, part placing and handling, PCB board size, purchasing and development
Multiple and flexible designs: Compatible hardware and software reduces design costs and effort, enabling usage in various applications
The entire family is pin-to–pin and software compatible. The Mid-Range+ SBC allows scalability in terms of amount of LIN transceivers as well as flexibility for 3V3 power supply and CAN Partial Networking option. It is also software compatible with the Lite, DC-DC and Multi-CAN Power+ SBC families (TLE94x1 & TLE927x).
- Integrated low-drop voltage regulator (5 V or 3.3 V up to 250 mA)
- Integrated low-drop voltage regulator (5 V up to 100mA), protected for off-board usage
- Voltage regulator (5 V, 3.3 V or 1.8 V) with external PNP transistor, protected for off-board usage or for load-sharing
- CAN transceiver supporting FD communication up to 5 Mbit/s according ISO 11898-2:2016
- CAN Partial Networking FD tolerant mode
- Two LIN transceivers LIN2.2/J2602
- Four high-side outputs 7 Ω typ., two HV GPIOs and three HV wake inputs
- Watchdog, cyclic sensing, interrupt and reset output
- Integrated fail-safe functions: 3 fail-safe outputs, Watchdog, fail-safe operating modes
- Voltage, current and temperature protection and monitoring
- Reduced system cost through low component count and small PCB footprint
- Low-drop voltage regulators for on- and off-board supply
- Wide supply input voltage and temperature range
- Scalability in selectable number of integrated LIN transceivers
- Very low quiescent current modes
- Very small package supporting AOI
- Pin and software compatibility amongst all family members