The device is integrating high-side P-channel and low-side N-channel MOSFETs combined with respective drivers and level shifting stage which allows the conversion of the input logic signals of microcontroller’s embedded core voltage controller to the supply voltage level of the gate drivers.
The integrated protection features like output current sensing and limitation and over-temperature protection are allowing system optimization. Central functions like Power-On-Reset is enabling proper start-up behavior.
The TLF11251EP is coming in a Grad 0-qualified PG-TSDSO-14 for extended temperature range, the TLF11251LD is using a small, leadless PG-TSON-10 capable for automated optical inspection. Both packages are thermally enhanced using an exposed pad and automotive qualified.
EVRC, the Embedded Voltage Regulator for the Core of 2nd generation TriCore™ AURIX™ 32-bit microcontroller is designed to drive a half-bridge consisting of a high-side P-channel and low-side N-channel MOSFET. As the driver is relying on the Vext-domain supplied by the 3.3V- or 5V-LDO of the PMIC, the half-bridge has to be sourced by the same domain. This is increasing the load current on the µC-LDO and the thermal budget of the PMIC. Supplying high-end variants of 2nd generation TriCore™ AURIX™ 32-bit microcontrollers (TC38x/TC39x) with a device like TLF35584/85, the PMIC might come to its limits.
The half-bridge should be connected to the output of the pre-regulator, de-loading the µC-LDO significantly to overcome this limitation and increase the system efficiency. To be compliant with the EVRC-concept, level-shifter and drivers have to be added. Those are integrated in TLF11251 together with additional logic and protection to ensure stable operation and enable system optimization.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- Integrated PMOS and NMOS complementary output bridge with 2.5 A current capability
- Integrated gate drivers
- Single control input with an integrated dead-time logic allows for optimized control and high efficiency
- Output current sensing and limitation
- Over-temperature protection
- Low quiescent current
- No external dead-time adjustment required
- AEC Qualified
- Grade 1 PG-TSON-10
- Grade 0 PG-TSDSO-14
- Efficiency increase
- Thermal optimization
- Proven operation with high-end 2nd generation TriCore™ AURIX™ 32-bit microcontrollers (TC38x/TC39x)
- Package line-up for all use cases
- Enables efficient core supply for high-end 2nd generation TriCore™ AURIX™ 32-bit microcontrollers (TC38x/TC39x) with OPTIREG™ PMIC TLF35584/85
- Functional Safety-relevant applications in
- Powertrain (e.g. EMS)
- Electrical Drive Train (e.g inverter)
- Safety (e.g. Sensor Fusion)
- Chassis (e.g. Domain Control)
- Body (e.g. Gateway)