600V CoolMOS™ S7
The 600 V CoolMOS™ S7 high-voltage superjunction MOSFET family delivers the best performance for low-frequency switching applications at the best price
Infineon’s high-performing CoolMOS™ SJ MOSFET technology makes it easy to design new high-power products with enhanced speed and superior quality.The S7 family of high-voltage superjunction MOSFETs sets a new benchmark for power density, by uniquely fitting a 22mOhm chip into an innovative small TO-leadless (TOLL) SMD package.
Furthermore, one highlight of this product family is the IPDQ60R010S7, which comes with an unprecedented RDS(on) as low as 10 mOhm, housed in a novel top-side-cooled SMD package.
The perfect fit for low switching frequencies
It is an ideal fit for applications where MOSFETs are switched at low frequency, such as active-bridge rectification, inverter stages, in-rush relays, PLCs, power-solid-state relays, and solid-state circuit breakers.For solid-state relays and solid-state circuit breakers designs, Infineon’s CoolMOS™ S7 MOSFETs are complemented by the rest of the CoolMOS™ family of superjunction MOSFETs, IGBTs, OptiMOS™ low-voltage, and medium-voltage MOSFETs, galvanically isolated gate drivers, and PVI (photovoltaic isolators).
An optimized technology – outstanding performance and cost-effectiveness
By focusing on applications where switching losses are not relevant, the CoolMOS™ S7 SJ MOSFET is stripped off the features related to switching performance and therefore has an optimized cost positioning, while reaching very low RDS(on) values. The CoolMOS™ S7 MOSFET is built on a successful technical optimization of Infineon’s CoolMOS™ 7 technology that removes from the device redundant features, related to switching performance, as they are not needed in low-frequency switching applications. Therefore, it is the ideal MOSFET for applications that require low conduction losses at the best price. Additionally delivering the best performance and keeping Infineon’s high-quality standards.
- Best-in-class RDS(on) in SMD packages
- Best superjunction MOSFET RDS(on)
- Optimized for conduction performance
- Improved thermal resistance
- High pulse current capability
- Body diode robustness at AC line commutation
- Minimized conduction losses
- Increased energy efficiency
- More compact and easier designs
- Eliminated or reduced heat sink in solid-state design
- Lower TCO cost or BOM cost
Stepping up in efficiency has never been easier and more cost-effective. Using the CoolMOS™ S7 SJ MOSFET in the PFC rectification bridge, in paralleling or replacing diodes, leads to an almost 1% increase in PFC efficiency, with only small design effort. This is an ideal solution to reach the Titanium efficiency level while containing the cost and shortening the time to market.
Infineon’s CoolMOS™ S7 superjunction MOSFETs are the perfect complement to CoolGaN™ e-mode HEMTs in totem-pole PFC topologies, to fully reap the top 99% efficiency level and propel the SMPS system designs into the next generation hyper-efficiency league.
With Infineon’s CoolMOS™ S7 MOSFET it is now possible to improve the design of systems protected by in-rush electromechanical relays.The replacement of electromechanical in-rush relays with CoolMOS™ S7 SJ MOSFETs enables to gain space immediately, without increasing the overall conduction losses. In this way, the power density of the system is boosted while keeping its energy efficiency intact.
Infineon’s CoolMOS™ S7 SJ MOSFET makes it economically convenient to see superjunction technology as an effective way to replace electromechanical relays and circuit breakers or to improve existing solid-state designs.
Infineon’s CoolMOS™ S7 compared to electromechanical devices:
- Switches faster
- Doesn’t have contact arcing, bouncing, or degradation of on-resistance over a lifetime
- Ensures more system reliability and considerably longer system lifetime
- Resistant to shock and vibration and is position insensitive
- Enables silent operations
The usage of Infineon’s S7 SJ MOSFET facilitates position- and vibration-insensitive solutions increases the ease-of-use as well as the reliability of the final system.
Compared to alternative silicon devices like SCRs, TRIACs, and high-voltage planar MOSFETs, the CoolMOS™ S7 device:
- Increases system efficiency
- Allows the usage of smaller heat sinks (volume reduction 40% à 80%)
- Supports an easier and more effective thermal management
- Enables higher system current rating without changing the system form factor and environmental conditions
- Switches faster than TRIACs
- Easy paralleling
- Enables fully solid-state circuit breakers