600V CoolMOS™ S7A
Best-in-class RDS(on) * A SJ MOSFET for slow switching automotive applications
The automotive grade 600 V CoolMOS™ S7A superjunction MOSFET addresses xEV applications where MOSFETs are switched at low frequency, such as HV eFuse, HV eDisconnect and on-board charger in the slow-switching leg of the PFC stage. The innovative package concept offered by the QDPAK top-side cooled (TSC) combined with superior robustness and performance of the CoolMOS™ S7A MOSFET meet the stringent requirements for increased power density, safety, and reliability in these applications. The new MOSFET design offers a cost-optimized, distinctively low on-resistance RDS(on) of 10 mOhm, enabling increased power density and minimized conduction losses, while meeting the highest automotive quality going well beyond the AEC-Q101 standard.
The top-side cooled QDPAK package offers increased efficiency and controllability thanks to its intrinsic kelvin source, high power dissipation capability and innovative cooling concept.
The CoolMOS™ S7A family is built on a successful technical optimization of the renowned CoolMOS™ 7 technology, removing the device’s redundant features related to switching performance, as they are not needed in low frequency switching applications. Thus, this new Infineon technology is cost-optimized, without neglecting quality or performance, and designed to meet the highest automotive quality going well beyond the AEC Q101 standard.
QDPAK top-side cooled innovative technology allows for bigger chip implementations reaching the lowest RDS(on) in the market in an SMD. Thanks to its built-in 4th pin Kelvin source configuration and low parasitic source inductance, switching losses are minimized while controllability and ease of use are increased. The cooling concept it offers, enables the thermal decoupling of board and semiconductor. This way, higher chip temperatures are possible and system designers can benefit from the increased flexibility in the PCB design.
|Key features||Key benefits|
CoolMOS™ S7A is the semiconductor solution for HV eDisconnect and HV eFuse. It answers eMobility needs with respect to reliability (maintenance-free), flexible and cost optimized system integration, scalability and minimized failure propagation.
CoolMOS™ S7A can bring clear benefits in on-board charger PFC stage. An efficiency improvement of +0.5% and a reduction in power losses of -30% can be achieved in a classic boost PFC topology by replacing the diode bridge with the S7A in an ALR (active line rectification) configuration.
- Get to know Infineon’s Automotive MOSFET data sheet
- Improve your understanding of the parameters and diagrams in the document, which will help you better evaluate the device’s limits and capabilities
Are you looking for a power MOSFET alternative and want to see what Infineon can offer? It has never been easier.
- learnt about the transition from fule injection combustion engine to full battery electric vehicles and the main 48V powered applications
- Additionally get an overview about Infineon’s comprehensive MOSFET portfolio for 48 V applications and their support material
This training explains the benefits of using the TOLG and the target industrial and automotive applications of this package. It also lists the current available portfolio and explains what you will gain by using the package.
- Know more about Infineon’s wide MOSFET selection for 48 V mild-hybrid electric vehicle, or MHEV, applications
- Understand why and how Infineon is strengthening its position in the 40 V MOSFET market, and be familiar with Infineon’s newest 60 V MOSFETs
- Get to know Infineon’s Zero Defect approach and how Infineon goes beyond the requirements when it comes to automotive MOSFET qualification
- Be familiar with both dimensions of Infineon’s Zero Defect approach, which aim at extending product lifetimes and reducing the number of random failures, by exploring each one in detail