650V CoolMOS™ CFD7
CoolMOS™ superjunction high-voltage MOSFET - tailored to address high-efficient soft-switching topologies in industrial applications
Megatrends such as big data, digitalization and e-mobility are driving the 21st century. Increased data traffic, real time data transmission and the need to charge electrical cars fast, lead to a need for improved efficiency and higher power density in SMPS in industrial applications.
The 650V CoolMOS™ superjunction MOSFET CFD7 family is the voltage-range extension of Infineon’s renowned CoolMOS™ SJ MOSFET CFD7 family, the successor to the well-established CoolMOS™ SJ MOSFET CFD2. It allows for the highest efficiency- and power-density levels in soft-switching applications, enabled by an additional 50V breakdown voltage, an integrated fast body diode, improved switching performance, and excellent thermal behavior.
Thanks to its best-in-class RDS(on) in TO-247, TO-220, and D2PAK packages, the 650V CoolMOS™ N-channel CFD7 product family enables customers to increase the power density levels of their designs primarily addressing telecom, server, solar, and (off-board) EV-charging applications.
- Ultrafast body diode & very low Qrr
- 650V breakdown voltage
- Best-in-class RDS(on) / package combinations
- Significantly reduced switching losses compared to competition
- Lowest RDS(on) dependency over temperature
- Excellent hard-commutation ruggedness
- Extra safety margin for designs with increased bus voltage
- Enabling increased power density
- Outstanding light-load efficiency in industrial SMPS applications
- Improved full-load efficiency in industrial SMPS applications
- Price competitiveness compared to alternative offerings in the market