HybridPACK™ DSC is the perfect high power density solution for your compact, flexible and integrated inverter design
Our emphasis on innovation is not only recognizable in the variety of frame-based power modules, but also in the HybridPACK™ DSC. Thanks to its double side cooling technology and half-bridge configuration, this power module is the ideal solution for compact, flexible and integrated Si-based main inverter designs up to 75 kW. Two copper plates on both sides of the module are used for double-sided cooling (DSC) and herewith enable high power density. On chip temperature and current sensors (overcurrent protection) offer a good compromise between security and performance. HybridPACK™ DSC modules offer scalability to support customers’ platform approach.
Infineon believes in Si IGBT and SiC MOSFET technology complementing each other and therefore will launch the next generation of HybridPACK™ DSC in 2023 with a CoolSiC™ chipset. This module will deliver up to double the performance compared to Si-based DSC-S solutions ceteris paribus.
- Superior power density on system level compared to single sided cooled modules: 40% improved thermal performance, Half the volumetric footprint on inverter level, and 5x gravimetric savings on inverter level
- Proven track record with over 5 Mio electric vehicles sold relying on Infineon´s HybridPACKTM DSC and over 5 years of production experience
- Available with two benchmark automotive chips: IGBT3 and EDT2. IGBT3 is used in older versions, ensuring high robustness and reliability. EDT2 is used in newer versions ensuring an additional 20% in efficiency under light-load conditions
- Advanced on-chip temperature and current sensor allow for 50x faster measurement and enhanced protection due to point-of-interest measurements, thereby allowing for die protection and more efficient inverter design
- Application notes, a new Evaluation Kit for DSC S1 and S2 using a reference cooler from BOYD Corporation is available on the Infineon Website