Single-channel isolated gate driver | EiceDRIVER™ 1EDB family
Single-channel gate-driver IC providing an input-to-output isolation of 3kVrms
With +6/-4 ns propagation delay accuracy the EiceDRIVER™ 1EDB gate-driver family is optimized for fast-switching applications with high system-level efficiencies. To support functionally save system operation the common-mode transient immunity (CMTI) exceeds 300 V/ns. The typical output stage clamping speed is as short as 20 ns, and designers can choose between four different output-stages under-voltage lock-out (UVLO) variants (4 V, 8 V, 12 V and 15 V).
The 1EDB gate-driver family is available in 8-pin DSO packages. To ease application design tasks the industry-standard pinout has separate source and sink output pins. Single-channel isolated gate-driver ICs solve PCB-layout problems in high-power factor controllers (PFC) and high-voltage DC-DC stages. Applications also include multi-level topologies and use-cases with 557 Vrms working voltage (pollution class II).
- 3 kVrms galvanic isolation
- Low impedance and separated source/sink outputs
- +6/-4 ns propagation delay accuracy
- 300 V/ns common-mode transient immunity
- 4 V, 8 V, 12 V and 15 V UVLO options
- 20 ns output clamping speed
- Low MOSFET switching losses
- Low dead-time losses
- Excellent immunity against switching noise
- Hardware-based protection to stay in safe operation area
- Shoot-through protection during start-up