OptiMOS™ IPOL DC-DC converter single-input voltage, 30 A buck regulators with SVID
This family of OptiMOS™ IPOL devices offers easy-to-use, fully integrated and highly efficient DC-DC regulators with Intel SVID and I2C/PMBus interface. The on-chip PWM controller and co-packaged low duty cycle optimized MOSFETs make these devices a space-efficient solution, providing accurate power delivery for low output voltage and high current applications that require an Intel SVID interface.
These versatile devices offer programmability of switching frequency, output voltage, and fault/warning thresholds and fault responses while operating over a wide input range. Thus, they offer flexibility as well as system level security in event of fault conditions.
The switching frequency is programmable from 150 kHz to 1.5 MHz for an optimum solution.
The on-chip sensors and ADC along with the SVID and PMBus interfaces (IR18163 and IR38363) or SVID and I2C interfaces (IR38165 and IR38365) make it easy to monitor and report input voltage, output voltage, output current and temperature.
Summary of Features:
- Internal LDO allows single 16 V operation
- Output voltage range: 0.5 V to 0.875*PVin
- 0.5% accurate reference voltage
- Intel VR12.5 (rev 1.5); VR13 (rev 1.0) and SVID (rev 1.7) compliant
- Enhanced line/load regulation with feedforward
- Frequency programmable by PMBus up to 1.5 MHz
- Enable input with voltage monitoring capability
- Remote sense amplifier with true differential voltage sensing
- Fast mode I2C and 400 kHz PMBus interface for programming, sequencing and margining output voltage, and for monitoring input voltage, output voltage, output current and temperature
- PMBus configurable fault thresholds for input UVLO, output OVP, OCP and thermal shutdown
- Thermally compensated pulse-by-pulse current limit and hiccup mode over current protection
- Dedicated output voltage sensing for power good indication and overvoltage protection which remains active even when enable is low
- Enhanced pre-bias start up
- Integrated MOSFET drivers and bootstrap diode
- Operating junction temp: -40oC < Tj < 125oC
- Thermal shut down
- Post package trimmed rising edge dead-time
- PMBus programmable power good output
- Small size 5 mm x 7 mm PQFN
- Pb-Free (RoHS compliant)
- External resistor allows setting up to 16 PMBus addresses
- Intel® VR13 and VR12.5 based systems
- Servers and high end desktop CPU VRs for noncore applications