65 kHz offline flyback and buck regulator with integrated 800 V CoolMOS™ superjunction MOSFET
It supports both isolated and non-isolated topologies such as flyback and buck as typical of biasing and offline auxiliary power supply.
Regulation is made easy thanks to an integrated error amplifier for non-isolated topologies to enable direct feedback while minimizing the external BOM.
Thanks to the integrated MOSFET, the support of a wider input voltage range is possible and snubber circuitry can be optimized further to enhance the efficiency/standby performance of the converter.
Available in the DIP-7 package, the ICE5BR4780BZ offers a high level of integration that provides a comprehensive suite of protection features, frequency jittering to minimize EMI, frequency reduction in tandem with the decrease of load to improve overall efficiency. On top, the active burst mode improves light-load/standby performance.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- 65 kHz maximum switching frequency with integrated 800 V superjunction MOSFET
- Integrated error amplifier to support direct feedback typical for non-isolated topologies
- Supports both isolated and non-isolated flyback topology up to an output power of 15 W
- Supports non-isolated buck topology up to 450 mA output current
- Auto-restart for all protection features
- Increase mid- and light-load efficiency with digital frequency reduction
- Ease of design and reduced BOM count with integrated error amplifier
- Cost-efficient buck topology as an alternative to non-isolated flyback
- Simplified supply chain with a single device supporting both flyback and buck topology
- Similar pin-out and switching frequency within the same family allow scaling of power and breakdown voltage of integrated MOSFET. See also ICE5BR2280BZ and ICE5BR3995BZ.