Fixed Frequency CoolSET™
Infineon latest 5th generation fixed frequency CoolSET™ offers high performance with the integration of latest 700V and 800V CoolMOS™ P7 family in both DIP-7 and DSO-12 packages.
To further enhance the efficiency performance, frequency reduction operation have been implemented to achieve higher efficiency with lower switching frequency at mid and light load condition. In addition, for low AC line input operation, CCM (Continuous Current Mode) operation have been implemented to achieve lower conduction losses thereby achieving a higher efficiency to meet international regulatory standards.
To further reduce BOM count and cost of an non-isolated flyback design, an integrated error amplifier is integrated to allow a direct feedback from the primary output with minimal components and complexity.
5th generation fixed frequency CoolSET™ is targeted for SMPS applications such as auxiliary power supply for home appliances (e.g. washing machines, refrigerators and air-condition), set-top-boxes, LCD/LED monitors and general purpose power supply up to a maximum output power of 43W.
Key features of 5th generation fixed frequency CoolSET™:
>Click to learn more
Key features of 5th generation fixed frequency CoolSETTM
- 100kHz and 125kHz maximum switching frequency
- Integrated with 700V and 800V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ P7 power MOSFET family
- Brown in protection, fast and robust start-up operation with cascode configuration
- 3 level selectable entry/exit active burst mode profile (able to disable)
- Built-in digital soft-start
- Cycle by cycle peak current limitation
- Support both DCM and CCM operation with slope compensation
- Integrated error amplifier to support direct feedback typical with non-isolated flyback topology
- Digital frequency reduction with decreasing load for higher efficiency
- Adjustable line input over voltage protection (except DIP-7 package)
- VCC pin short to ground protection
- OLP, output short, OTP with hysteresis and VCC over/under voltage protection
- Auto-restart for all protection features
- 800V integrated MOSFET offers highest power delivery in the industry of up to 43W in SMD package without heatsink