32-bit PSoC™ 5 LP Arm® Cortex®-M3
PSoC™ 5LP delivers exceptional price to performance, reducing system cost and simplifying system design in a one-chip Arm solution
PSoC™ 5LP delivers processing performance with an Arm Cortex-M3 CPU as well as a 24-bit Digital Filter Block (DFB), 24 UDBs and a high-performance DMA controller. The integration of AFE, digital logic, user interface ICs and an Arm Cortex-M3 CPU in a single chip helps you reduce your BOM costs. PSoC™ 5LP is available in Chip Scale Packages (CSP) allowing you to design with the flexibility of PSoC in small form factor applications like wearables, fitness products, and mobile devices.
PSoC™ 5LP simplifies your system power architecture design by supporting a wide operating voltage range and multiple power domains.
Infineon's PSoC™ Creator reduces your development costs and accelarates your time-to-market by using a single system development environment for editing, compiling and debugging your PSoC™ 5LP systems. PSoC™ Creator features over 150 pre-verified, production-ready peripheral Components: configurable, drag and drop, analog and digital peripheral blocks.
- 32-bit Arm Cortex-M3 CPU, 32 interrupt inputs
- 24-channel direct memory access (DMA) controller with data transfer between both peripherals and memory
- 24-bit fixed-point digital filter processor (DFB)
- 20+ Universal Building Blocks and Precise Analog Peripherals
- Up to 62 CapSense® sensors with SmartSense™ Auto-tuning
- Multiplexed AFE with programmable Opamps, 12-bit SAR ADC and 8-bit DAC
- 736 segments LCD drive for custom displays
- Packages: 68-pin QFN, 99-pin WLCSP, 100-pin TQFP
Programable Routing & Interconnect
This frees you to re-route signals to user selected pins, shedding the constraints of a fixed-peripheral controller. In addition, global buses allow for signal multiplexing and logic operations, eliminating the need for a complicated digital-logic gate design.
Configurable Analog and Digital Blocks
The combination of configurable analog and digital circuitry is the basis of the PSoC platform. You configure these blocks using pre-built library functions or by creating your own. By combining several digital blocks, you can create 16-, 24-, or even 32-bit wide logic resources. The analog blocks are composed of an assortment of switch capacitor, op-amp, comparator, ADC, DAC, and digital filter blocks, allowing complex analog signal flows.
PSoC offers a sophisticated CPU subsystem with SRAM , EE PROM, and flash memory, multiple core options and a variety of essential system resources including:
- Internal main and low-speed oscillator
- Connectivity to external crystal oscillator for precision, programmable clocking
- Sleep and watchdog timers
- Multiple clock sources that include a PLL
PSoC devices also have dedicated communication interfaces like I2C, Full-Speed USB 2.0, CAN 2.0, and on-chip debugging capabilities using JTAG and Serial Wire Debug.
- Download PSoC Creator
- Quick Start Guide available within the tool (Help → Documentation → Quick Start Guide)
- View tutorial video inside of PSoC Creator
- Purchase a CY8CKIT-050 PSoC 5LP Development Kit or a CY8CKIT-059 Prototyping Kit
- Start your first PSoC designs
- Refer to AN77759: Getting started with PSoC 5LP to walk you through your first LED project
- Refer to AN89611– Getting started with Chip Scale Packages
- Watch the following walkthrough video for simple analog voltmeter design
- View the Training On-demand
- Join the Infineon Developer Community
|Datasheet||PSoc 5800||PSoC 5600||PSoC 5400||PSoC 5200|
|Core||Arm-Cortex M3||Arm-Cortex M3||Arm-Cortex M3||Arm-Cortex M3|
|Max CPU Speed||80-MHz||80-MHz||80-MHz||80-MHz|
|ADCs||1x20-bit Del-Sig||2x12-bit SAR||1x12-bit SAR||1x12-bit SAR|
|SC/CT Analog Blocks||4||4||2||0|
|Digital Filter Block||Y||Y||N||N|
|Universal Digital Blocks||24||24||24||24|
|Development Kit||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-050 PSoC® 5LP|
|Prototyping Kit||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP||CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP|