The XMC4700 device is a member of the XMC4000 family of microcontrollers based on the ARM Cortex-M4 processor core. The growing complexity of today's energy efficient embedded control applications are demanding microcontroller solutions with higher performance CPU cores featuring DSP and FPU capabilities. The XMC4700 family of microcontrollers take advantage of Infineon's decades of experience in the industrial market to provide an optimized solution to meet the performance challenges of today's embedded control applications.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- ARM ® Cortex ®-M4 @ 144MHz
- 2048kB Flash, 352kB RAM
- Data and IP Protection on Flash
- Supply voltage range: 3.13 - 3.63V
- 6 x CAN nodes
- EthernetMAC, USB-OTG, SD/MMC
- 6 channel USIC (configurable to SPI, UART, IIC, IIS)
- External Bus Unit
- 4 x 12-bit ADC, 26 input channels, 4 x parallel sampling and conversion
- 2 channel 12bit DAC
- 4 channel ∆Σ Demodulator
- 24 x 16-bit special purpose timers, dead time generation
- 2 x Position Interface
- Watch Dog Timer, Real Time Clock
- XMC4000 Functional Safety Package
- Temperature range:-40 - 125°C
- Safety package supporting SIL-2/3
From toys and power tools, to industrial pumps and industrial automation systems, Infineon’s XMC™ microcontrollers and other semiconductor products enable our customers to design the most innovative, efficient, reliable and energy-friendly motor control and drive systems.Infineon’s XMC™ microcontroller family is perfectly suited as a controller for various types of motors, such as Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM), Brushless DC Motors (BLDC), AC Induction Motors (ACIM), servo motors and brushed DC motors.
Off-board charging, where users can charge plug-in hybrids and pure electrical vehicles on personal garages and open parking lots, demands a optimized solution with high MCU switching frequency to stay efficient and cost competitive. Our XMC4xxx portfolio is a great fit for the application as it integrates all the features needed for off-board-charging. Here some key benefits:
- Platform concept to allow extensive customization
- Performance, efficiency and cost competitiveness
- Accurate analog-mixed signal peripherals
- Fast timer/PMW peripheral
Switched mode power supplies:
Power supply designs are subject to ever-increasing requirements. Some of them are fueled by customer demands or industry association guidelines (such as higher power density, communication, modularity or the 80 Plus Titanium efficiency standard). Semiconductor technology advances have allowed MCU manufacturers to develop a new class of MCUs, optimized for digital power conversion applications in terms of features and price point. This new market development his what motivates ever more power supply designers to use digital control for SMPS.
Some functionalities that makes XMC4000 suited to motor control application:
- Rich connectivity: 2x Can nodes, 4-channel serial COM unit (configurable to SPI, I²c, I²S, UART), USB FS.
- UP to 4X 12-bit ADC with a sample time of 70 ns ensure fast reaction times and tighter control loops.
- 4-channel 150 ps HRPWM timer (XMC4200/4400 series)