F-RAM (Ferroelectric RAM)
Highly reliable, low power data logging memory
F-RAM (Ferroelectric RAM) Unterkategorien
FRAM (Ferroelectric Random Access Memory or FeRAM) is a stand-alone nonvolatile memory that enables you to instantly capture and preserve critical data when power is interrupted. They are ideal for mission-critical data-logging applications like high-performance Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) requiring high reliability control and throughput, or life-enhancing patient monitoring devices. Designed in a low-power, small footprint, F-RAMs offer instant non-volatility and virtually unlimited endurance without compromising on speed or energy-efficiency.
Density: 4Kb, 16Kb, 64Kb, 128Kb, 256Kb, 512Kb, 1Mb, 2Mb, 4Mb, 8Mb, 16Mb
Interface: I2C, SPI, QSPI, Parallel(X8, X16)
- NoDelay™ Write - Writes data to memory cells at bus speed with no soak-time
- High Endurance - Outlasts floating gate memories with over 100 trillion write cycles
- Ultra Low Power - Consumes 200x less energy than EEPROMs and 3,000x less than NOR Flash
- Radiation Tolerant - Immune to soft errors caused by radiation that can produce bit flips
Infineon offers a comprehensive portfolio of serial and parallel F-RAM non-volatile memories. Our standard F-RAMs are available in densities ranging from 4kbit to 4Mbit. Excelon™ is Infineon’s next generation of FRAM memory. Excelon™ F-RAM delivers the industry’s lowest-power nonvolatile memory, by combining ultra-low-power operation with high-speed interfaces, instant nonvolatility and unlimited read/write cycle endurance making it the ideal data-logging memory for portable medical, wearable, IoT sensor, industrial and automotive applications. They are available in densities ranging from 2 Mbit to 16 Mbit and support 1.71V to 1.89V operating voltage range in addition to the wide-voltage 1.8V to 3.6V range.
Learn more about our high-density Excelon™ FRAM’s.
F-RAM memories are built on Ferroelectric technology. The F-RAM chip contains a thin ferroelectric film of lead zirconate titanate, commonly referred to as PZT. The atoms in the PZT change polarity in an electric field, thereby producing a power efficient binary switch. However, the most important aspect of the PZT is that it is not affected by power disruption, making F-RAM a reliable nonvolatile memory. The underlying operation principle of the F-RAM and its unique memory cell architecture imparts specific advantages that sets the technology apart from competing memory technologies like EEPROM or NOR Flash.
F-RAM products are among the industry’s lowest power nonvolatile memory solutions consuming much lesser active currents than competing EEPROM and MRAM solutions. This makes F-RAMs suitable for battery operated devices such as wearables and medical implants. Virtually unlimited endurance and instant non-volatility ensure that F-RAMs outperform existing memories like EEPROM and NOR Flash in several datalogging applications.
1. Watch the Introduction to Infineon's F-RAM technology
3. Learn more about the F-RAM product offering
4. Explore system design challenges and solution considerations
5. Download the datasheets
6. Download all F-RAM application notes
7. Request an F-RAM Development Kit
8. Use the Product Selector to select the F-RAM that meets your requirements
10. Get your schematics reviewed by the Infineon Applications Engineering Team using Infineon Developer Community