EZ-PD™ CCG3PA USB-C Mobile Power Adapter Solution using Power Integrations
The CCG3PA 45W Notebook Power Adapter Board is a receptacle based Type-C power adapter. The two major components on the board are Infineon’s EZ-PD™ CCG3PA (CYPD3174-16SXQ) controller and Monolithic Power System's Fixed Frequency Flyback controller (HFC0500) and Synchronous Rectification Controller (MP6907).
CCG3PA regulates the Type-C VBUS voltage by driving opto-coupler (to primary side controller) using CCG3PA cathode pin using internal feedback amplifier . CCG3PA monitors and handles fault protection like Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Current, Short-Circuit and Over-Temperature. CCG3PA drives the external PFET and also controls VBUS discharge with integrated discharge resistors. CYPD3174-16SXQ is factory programmed with DFP CC with Opto Coupler Bootloader, the application firmware for this solution is available in CCGx Power SDK and any further customization can be done using the EZ-PD™ Configuration utility (refer section 2.1.3 below for more details). CCG3PA CYPD3174-24LQXQ for this solution is available in 16-SOIC package.
- Delivers up to 27W of power to charge USB PD3.0/QC 4.0 enabled mobile phones
- Supports USB Power Delivery 3.0 for Programmable Power Supply (PPS)
- Supports Qualcomm Quick Charge (QC) 4.0
- Integrates VBUS-to-CC short protection
- Reduces BOM with integrated:
- Single-chip primary and secondary side controller
- 30-V Tolerant regulator
- VBUS PFET gate drivers
- Feedback amplifier to directly drive InnoSwitch
- Low-side current sense amplifier
- Legacy charge support on DP/DM lines
- ESD on VBUS, CC and DP/DM
Infineon/Power Integrations have developed a reference schematic to enable customer to speed up their design and development cycle time.
Need help? Ask a question and find answers in the Infineon Developer Community.