Auxiliary water pump reference design with Embedded Power IC
The REF_WATERPUMP100W is a reference design developed for 3-phase automotive auxiliary water pumps in the thermal management system. It features:
- TLE9879QXW40: This device is a part of Embedded Power IC family and it is a single chip 3-phase motor driver, System-on-Chip (SoC) solution. It integrates an industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core along with LIN transceiver, bridge driver and power supply, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as sensorless field-oriented control (FOC).
- IAUC60N04S6N031H: This is a 40 V MOSFET in 5x6 SSO8 package, using Infineon´s leading OptiMOS™-6 technology. It offers cost efficiency for low and mid power drive applications. Moreover, it provides sizably reduced PCB size due to enhanced routing for bridge applications.
- IPZ40N04S5-3R1: This component is an OptiMOS™ 5 40 V in S3O8 Package and it combines leading power MOSFET technology with 3.3 x 3.3 mm leadless power package for very compact and robust automotive system solutions. It is based on Infineon’s latest silicon automotive PowerMOS technology, optimized to meet and exceed the energy efficiency and power density requirements of automotive BLDC and H-bridge applications. In combination with Infineon’s robust S3O8 leadless package technology, it enables very small and efficient system designs with minimal RDS(on) down to 2.8 mΩ.
The reference design is optimized in terms of EMC and thermal behaviour. Moreover, it includes comprehensive support material including layout and schematic files (Altium), EMC tests, thermal analysis and detailed documentation.
Accelerate your development process and go to market faster with our 100 W auxiliary water pump reference design.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- Reference for EMC and thermal performance
- Optimized BOM and PCB size
- Power capability up to 140W
- SWD port for debug connection
- LIN port
- High-temperature FR4 PCB, 4-layer Copper
- Small 55x55 mm PCB size
- Extensive documentation including
- layout files
- design guide
- getting started guide
- hardware design guideline
- EMC report
- thermal analysis
- example software
Explore benefits of the reference design
The reference design provides recommendation for parts and layout. Moreover, it is a PCB-based design which takes less time in assembling a circuit in comparison to a leadframe solution.
Due to the highly integrated Embedded Power IC device and OptiMOS™-6 40 V MOSFET in sTOLL package, providing an ultra-small footprint, reference design offers minimal BOM and reduced PCB size.
The reference design is equipped with the best-in-class components with trusted Infineon quality sustaining product longevity.
Scalability of the Embedded Power IC device enables customer to extend the platform approach up to 1 kW.