Tunable white two-channel LED driver realized with high-performance ILD8150E
This design is the ideal reference for professional mid power designs with high efficiency, hybrid dimming down to 0.5%, and high light quality for tunable white LED drivers. Easy implementation comes along. Based on 80V LED Driver IC ILD8150E it consists of two identical channels and one auxiliary 3.3 V supply. To achieve higher light quality it employs output electrolytic capacitors to further smooth output current. An electrolytic capacitor and an LDO are used to provide a smooth supply of 3.3 V and up to 60 mA for the dimming control circuit (e.g. a microcontroller). Two channels operate at frequencies of up to 500 kHz, the output current can be changed in the range of 250 to 1500 mA. The board also includes a connector which provides 3.3 V, dimming inputs of the channels, and one common shutdown pin, which puts the buck converters into standby mode.
A modular reference design consisting of XDPL8219 board for primary side - a digitally configurable AC/DC flyback converter - together with this board is available.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- Input voltage up to 80 V
- Integrated MOSFET for up to 1.5 A output current
- Analog dimming down to 12.5 % and PWM dimming from 12.5 % to 0.5 %
- Current precision ±3 %
- Soft-start, UVLO, current limitation, low-power shutdown
- Deep dimming performance without flicker and noise via an innovative one-pin hybrid method
- High current precision leads to high light quality, also in color accuracy
- Fast, stable and efficient regulation without audible noise
- Easy implementation of tunable white designs
Modular lighting boards
At Infineon we offer a broad variety of primary side ACDC and secondary side DCDC boards dedicated to LED lighting. The LED lighting boards can easily be stacked together for plug-and-play solutions.