15W 5V SMPS Evaluation Board with CoolSET™ ICE3A1065ELJ
Universal input power supply designed in a 5V 15W off line SMPS flyback converter topology that utilizes the ICE3A1065ELJ CoolSET™. The application board is designed for discontinuous conduction mode (DCM) with current mode controller IC and running at 100 kHz switching frequency. It has one output voltage with secondary control regulation. The ICE3A1065ELJ is an enhanced version of the CoolSET™ especially in robustness to the system noise such as ESD, lightning surge, etc. Besides having the basic features of the F3 CoolSET™ such as Active Burst Mode, propagation delay compensation, soft gate drive, latch off protection for serious fault (Vcc OVP, OTP and short winding) and auto-restart protection for general fault (OLP and Open loop), etc., it also has the BiCMOS technology design, built-in soft start time, built-in and extendable blanking time, frequency jitter feature with built-in jitter period and external latch enable pin, etc. The particular good features are the extremely low standby input power, the low EMI performance and the robustness to the system noise.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- 650V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ with built-in Startup Cell
- Active Burst Mode for lowest Standby Power
- Fast load jump response in Active Burst Mode
- 100kHz internally fixed switching frequency
- Built-in latched Off Mode for Overtemperature, Overvoltage & Short Winding Detection
- Auto Restart Mode for Overload, Open Loop & VCC Undervoltage
- Built-in Soft Start
- Built-in and extendable blanking Window for short duration high current
- External latch enable function
- Max Duty Cycle 75%
- Overall tolerance of Current Limiting < ±5%
- Internal PWM Leading Edge Blanking
- BiCMOS technology provide wide VCC range
- Frequency jitter and soft driving for low EMI
- Robustness to system noise such as ESD, lightning surge, etc.
It is especially suitable for small power supply such as DVD player, set-top box, game console, charger and auxiliary power for high power system, etc.