Control Board for iMOTION™ Modular Application Design Kit (MADK)
EVAL-M3-302 is a Control Board for iMOTION™ Modular Application Design Kit (MADK) platform. It is powered by IMC302A-F064 iMOTION™ Motor Control IC featuring advanced Motor Control Engine (MCE), that enables state-of-the-art Sensorless Field Oriented Control (FOC) combined with the active Power Factor Correction (PFC) control, without need for any coding. IMC302A-F064 is a part of the iMOTION™ IMC300 series, which combines the well established iMOTION™ motor control IC platform with an additional Arm® Cortex® M0 based microcontroller.
This control board can be combined with any iMOTION MADK power board with M3 connector, like the EVAL-M3-CM615PN, to create a powerful motor inverter + PFC system.
Before setting up and running the motor control system, the user needs to download following files from the iMOTION™ Tools & Software webpage:
- IMC302A-F064 MCE Software Package, containing the latest MCE firmware image, corresponding default configuration files and release notes
- MCEWizard and MCEDesigner PC tools which are required for system configuring, controlling, tuning and monitoring.
User should check this page regularly for updates on MCE firmware or iMOTION™ PC tools. Please refer to the EVAL-M3-302F User Manual for more information.
Get your motor running in less than 1 hour! EVAL-M3-302F, in combination with matching power boards from iMOTION™ MADK Platform, enables rapid prototyping of various inverterized motor control systems, for example fans, pumps and compressors, in combination with active PFC.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- Field-proven Advanced Motion Control Engine (MCE)
- Single-shunt or leg-shunt current measurement
- Sensorless or hall based operation
- Boost or totem pole active PFC control
- Integrated protection features
- Additonal MCU based on Arm® Cortex® M0 core
- Galvanically isolated on-board-interface to MCE and MCU
- Easy motor parametrization and tuning using MCEWizard and MCEDesigner tools
- Fast time to market – No coding required for motor and PFC control functions
- Growing number of iMOTION™ MADK power boards with matching M3 platform interface
- Additional MCU runs independantly from motor/PFC controller
- Full flexibility for custom communication and system functionality