Easy introduction to iMOTION™ system, tools and software
This is a Starter kit for the first introduction to the iMOTION™ devices and system. The kit is particularly useful for the first evaluation of the iMOTION™ tools and software, being an all-on-one system, powered by the USB power. The featured IMC101T-T038 device is a part of the IMC100 iMOTION™ Motor Control IC series featuring advanced Motor Control Engine (MCE), which enables state-of-the-art sensorless field-oriented control without need for any coding. This kit is pre-programmed with the latest version of the iMOTION™ firmware and the script-based demo which is running the small motor mounted on the board. As soon as the kit is powered up through the USB slot, the demo will start and periodically vary the speed of the motor and alternate its rotating directions.
In order to make the next steps in evaluation of iMOTION™ system and tools with this kit, the user needs to download following files from www.infineon.com/imotion-software webpage:
- MCEWizard and MCEDesigner PC Development Tools which are required for system configuring, controlling, tuning and monitoring
- Beside downloading tools, for using them and modifying the default program, several files are needed to correctly setup the system. The .zip file iMOTION2Go Software Package containing these files can be found under Tools & Software tab on this page, in the Software folder.
Please also check this webpage regulary for updates on MCE firmware or iMOTION™ PC Tools. For more information go to EVAL-M1-101T User Manual.
The main purpose of this tool is an evaluation and learning more about the iMOTION™ Development Tools and software in safe environment. For that reason, the hardware itself should not be considered to be a reference design for any particular application. For more application oriented iMOTION™ evaluation kits please visit iMOTION™ MADK web page.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- Field-proven Advanced Motion Control Engine (MCE)
- Single-shunt Sensorless FOC Control
- On-board debugger interface
- BLDC motor mounted on the board
- Easy and quick introduction to iMOTION system and tools
- Free and user-friendly motor parametrization and tuning tools: MCEWizard and MCEDesigner
- Fast time to market – No coding required for motor control functions
- Safe operation based on 5V USB power