20 W 5 V SMPS Evaluation Board with Quasi-Resonant CoolSET™ ICE2QR2280G-1
20 W switching mode power supply evaluation board designed in a quasi resonant flyback converter topology using ICE2QR2280G-1 Quasi-resonant CoolSET™ . With the CoolMOS™ integrated in this IC, it greatly simplifies the design and layout of the PCB. Due to valley switching, the turn on voltage is reduced and this offers higher conversion efficiency comparing to hard-switching flyback converter. With the DCM mode control, the reverse recovery problem of secondary rectify diode is relieved. And for its natural frequency jittering with line voltage, the EMI performance is better. Infineon’s digital frequency reduction technology enables a quasi-resonant operation till very low load.
Zusammenfassung der Merkmale
- 800V avalanche rugged CoolMOS™ with built-in startup cell
- Quasi resonant operation till very low load
- Active burst mode operation for low standby input power (< 0.1 W)
- Digital frequency reduction with decreasing load for reduced switching loss
- Built-in digital soft-start
- Blu-ray, DVD player, set-top box, game console, smart meter, charger
- Auxiliary power of high power system such as LED TV, etc.