PSoC™ 4 Capacitive Sensing (CAPSENSE™ Gesture)
CAPSENSE™ CSD is a versatile and efficient way to measure capacitance and detect finger touches in user interface panel applications such as capacitive touch buttons, sliders, touchpads, trackpad with gestures, touch screens, and proximity sensors. CAPSENSE™ Gesture leverages CAPSENSE™ CSD technology and adds gesture detection capability.
CAPSENSE™ Gesture converts capacitance of row and column electrodes to digital values. The given high level API functions use these raw digital values to determine finger location on a trackpad through interpolation algorithms. In addition it supports multitouch gesture decoding on-chip through simple API function calls.
Note This document refers to PSoC™ 4 devices throughout. References to PSoC™ 4 should be interpreted to mean PSoC™ 4 and PSoC™ 4 BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) devices. This component also supports the PRoC BLE device.
- Support for user-defined combinations of button, linear slider, radial slider, touchpad and proximity capacitive sensors
- Support for trackpad with one or two finger gesture
- Best-In-Class SNR performance
- Superior noise-immunity performance against conducted and radiated external noise
- Ultra-low radiated emissions
- CAPSENSE™ button support: Overlay thickness of up to 15 mm for glass and 5 mm for plastic
- SmartSense™ auto-tuning
- Sets and maintains optimal sensor performance during run time
- Eliminates manual tuning during development and production
- Advanced user interface features for CAPSENSE™ buttons/slider: Water tolerance
- Shield electrode support for reliable operation in the presence of water droplets
- Guard sensor to prevent false touches under the water or flowing water
- Easy to use Application Programming Interface (API) for fast proto-typing
- Integrated PC-based GUI for tuning in manual tuning mode (See Using the Tuner GUI section in the datasheet.)