At a glance
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
|Start||Jun 01, 2018|
In your new role you will:
- Analyze power semiconductor technologies with respect to thermo-mechanical stress during production and use
- Model degradation by fracture and fatigue of these complex thin-film multilayer structures
- Develop and implement advanced simulation techniques in FEM
- Support thin-film material characterization by modelling and simulation
- Participate in definition and development of new technologies by integrating simulation into the R&D process
- Derive design guidelines for high quality automotive and industrial products based on understanding of mechanical behavior and limitations
- Interact with academia and supervise MSc and PhD students
- Contribute decisively to the future development of the simulation group at KAI and work closely with corresponding technology and product development departments of Infineon Technologies
- MSc or PhD in engineering (physics, electrical or mechanical engineering) required
- 3+ years of work experience in the field of thermo-mechanical FEM simulations, ideally in modeling and simulation of semiconductor chip/package systems
- Profound experience with FEM software required (ANSYS), programming skills (e.g. MATLAB, Python) desired
- Knowledge on semiconductor technologies and semiconductor physics, wafer processing and chip assembly and interconnect technologies desired
- Team player with proven organizational and technical leadership skills
- Fluent English skills, German skills are desired
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
The KAI Competence Center for Automotive and Industrial Electronics, founded in 2006, is located in the Technology Park Villach. The focus of our research activities is the reliability of power semiconductors in automotive and industrial applications. Among other things, we are working with our partner Infineon Technologies Austria AG on the investigation of corrosion mechanisms in metal-polymer composites.
The City of Villach is located in the center of Carinthia, Austria’s southernmost province, in close proximity to the Italian and Slovenian border. Due to its particular geographic location and the outstanding natural beauty of the region, Villach and the whole province of Carinthia have for generations been popular holiday destinations for people from all over the world. Its unique landscape combines mountains and valleys, lakes and rivers, city and countryside. In addition to the favorable geographic location, living in Austria also has many social, health-care-related and economic perks. The country’s social and health care system is among the best in the world and for decades numerous international surveys have singled out Austria as a particularly safe and wealthy country with a high quality of life. Villach benefits from its status as a “small town”, offering everyday living at affordable prices in an outstanding setting. So it’s no surprise that the city on the river Drau is considered the “home of work-life balance”.
Find out what you like most about Villach and join us: https://www.welcome2villach.at/
Was wir Ihnen in Villach bieten
In Österreich arbeiten fast 3.200 Menschen an vier verschiedenen Standorten.