At a glance
|Location||El Segundo | CA|
|Entry level||Professionals / experienced|
|Start||Jan 02, 2018|
You will be part of Infineon America’s Human Resources Service Center Team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the HR team in transactional related processes and will act as a key contact for general HR inquiries and requests.
In your new role you will:
- Provide employees and managers with accurate, consistent and timely responses and explanations regarding HR related questions and issues on policies, HR products, processes and services, with the goal to solve the question or issue at the first initial contact
- Provide administrative support and coordination within a fast paced HR Department that supports employees located across the United States
- Be responsible for administrative processes, data maintenance in different HR systems and the administration of employee personnel files for different locations
- Process various forms related to documenting human resources activities such as new-hire, change-of-status, terminations, etc.
- Manage Leaves Administration, in-depth knowledge of FMLA
- Support benefits administration & Annual Benefits Enrollment activities
- Manage Workers Compensation claims processing which includes maintenance of all files, ensuring that all claims are administered according to Company policy and carrier requirements
- Administer the Service Center email, voice-mail and ticketing system in-boxes
- Coordinate and conduct new-hire orientations
- Participate in information sharing with co-workers and work constantly on processes improvements including identification of opportunities for process automation
- Conduct and collaborate on assigned HR projects
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 + years working in an HR or shared service environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills which include the ability to effectively communicate in a courteous manner with staff, co-workers, leadership, vendors and internal and external customers
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Ability to manage several tasks simultaneously; set priorities and plan work to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail and customer focus
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, word-processing, HRIS and Internet
- Ability to work with a team to create effective departmental strategies and meet department goals
- Proactive, process-oriented and logical mind-set
We make life easier, safer and greener – with technology that achieves more, consumes less and is accessible to everyone. Microelectronics from Infineon is the key to a better future. Efficient use of energy, environmentally-friendly mobility and security in a connected world – we solve some of the most critical challenges that our society faces while taking a conscientious approach to the use of natural resources.
Infineon Technologies Americas Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Was wir Ihnen in El Segundo, CA bieten
In Los Angeles befindet sich unser Standort El Segundo, der zu den Hauptsitzen von Infineon Technologies Americas Corp gehört. Neben den Zentralfunktionen wird in El Segundo in den Bereichen Technologieentwicklung und Integration sowie Leistungselektronik für Automobil- und Industrieanwendungen gearbeitet.