Telematics gateway 24V
24V gateway, sensor fusion, or telematics systems in commercial, construction, and agricultural vehicles (CAV) demand require cost-efficient and high performant computational power. Infineon’s solution for this application in CAV is based on:
- AURIX™ Computing Performance, flexibility, scalability, integrated safety and security support
- Rapid prototyping
- R&D resource-saving for the customer
- Supporting 1Gb Ethernet
- Multiple connectivity capabilities
- Large portfolio with Long Term Availability
- Possibility to enable/disable one of the AURIX™ microcontrollers
Infineon has combined its wealth of experience in microcontroller design to create a new 24V automotive gateway evaluation board that can cover a broad range of automotive and CAV applications. Either for a gateway, sensor fusion, or telematics systems, this new evaluation board is the ideal solution for bringing projects out of the paper, being the right environment for rapid prototyping while minimizing R&D efforts and time to market.
Megatrends in CAV such as CO2 emissions, ADAS, and Connectivity require cost-efficient and high performant computational power. Such requirements demand high complexity E/E architectures with respect to in-vehicle communication networks, power networks, connectivity, safety, and security. Furthermore, there are multiple functional domains in the tractor and trailer. This gateway solution works as a data hub that interconnects functional domains present across different networks. Therefore, safety and security are crucial. Also, the data exchange between the gateways is possible. Most of the systems in CAV applications operate in 24 V.
Key applications in CAV covered by this solution are:
- Gateway, Telematics
- Sensor Fusion
- Multipurpose applications
The new 24V CAV gateway board features two powerful AURIX™ TC397 microcontrollers combined with the RTL9047AA automotive Ethernet switch from Realtek. With the AURIX™ TC397XX B Step in combination with Realtek’s RTL9047AA Switch future In 24V Vehicle Networks can be addressed and evaluated. The TC397XX B Step is connected with a 1Gbps RGMII port to the switch for data transfer and one SPI channel for managing the Switch. RTL9047AA five 100Base-T1 Ports together with the MATEnet connector set to provide the right feature set to connect the Automotive Gateway Board to an In24V Vehicle Network. 12 CAN-FD, 4 LIN, and 4 FlexRay channels allow the bridging of different network topologies.
AURIX™ TC3xx does not compromise on security. The second generation of the programmable Hardware Security Module (HSM) is available across the family for secure onboard communications and to prevent hardware manipulation such as tuning. Infineon’s Trusted Platform Module (TPM) SLB9670 is the latest product featuring a fully TCG TPM 2.0 standard compliant module connected via SPI to the AURIX™.
AURIX™ – TC3xx family:
- AURIX™ TC397XX
- Up to 6 CPUs at 300 MHz
- Up to 16 MB internal Flash/7 MB internal SRAM
- 1 Gbit Ethernet QoS MAC with 4 Tx and 4 Rx DMA channel/queues
- Support of Ethernet standards IEEE 802.1AS-2011 and 802.1-Qav-2009, 802.1AS – IEEE 1588-2008 (TC397XX B-step)
- A standby controller to support low power modes
Realtek RTL9047AA switch:
- 5x 100Base-T1 integrated PHY
- 2x 100/1000 xMII ports for connecting a CPU
- AVB fully supported - QoS, time synchronization, traffic shaping
- AEC-Q100 grade 1 (-40 ~ 125°C)
- Flash-less design
- Lowest BOM required
Rosenberger H-MTD® connector:
- Modular and scalable connection system for automotive Ethernet
- High performance 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps according to IEEE 100Base-T1/1000Base-T1
The automotive-qualified TLF30682QVS01 is coming in small, thermally enhanced VQFN-48 capable of automated optical inspection. The TLF30682QVS01 is PRO-SIL™ ISO26262-Ready, functional safety documents are available on request.
The device provides the following features:
- Step-down pre-regulator for wide input voltage range from 3.7 to 35 V (40 V limited time) with low overall power loss and fast transient performance. Suitable for operation with ceramic capacitors
- High-efficiency step-down post regulator for second output voltage generation − Step-up post regulator with 5 V output voltage
- Voltage monitoring for two external voltage rails including enabling signals − 16-bit SPI interface to host CPU
- Configurable window watchdog