Windshield wiper has a substantial impact on driving and overall safety, as it provides a clear view for the driver and passenger. Increasing global vehicle production and demand for new technology wipers drive the growth of the global automotive wiper market.
The main trends seen today are as follows:
- BLDC systems for reliability and size & weight optimization
- Need for cost-optimized integrated solutions
- Being an externally facing application, high reliability
Infineon´s integrated circuits and sensors provide you a perfect solution to optimize your automotive wiper application.
Wipers have very specific requirements. Infineon´s integrated drivers, MOTIX™ Embedded Power ICs, provide cost-efficient solutions for a high-performance windshield wiper system. Embedded Power ICs offer intelligent power-saving modes including stop and sleep mode and supports energy management on demand (stand by). In addition, they address the demand for increased memory with 256KB flash (enables the customer to do a model-based software design). For wiping during cranking pulse, it is crucial to have low Vs operation. Embedded Power ICs can provide motor operation for low Vbatt operations. The last but not least, 14-bit sigma-delta ADC with TMR sensors enables the customer to have a cost solution and wiper angle precision at the same time.
Infineon offers a high variety of magnetic position sensors to optimize your windshield wiper design.
With the TLE5012 series based on GMR technology, Infineon provides a family of digital magnetic angle sensors that enable precise angle measurement as well as functional safety in accordance with an ISO 26262-ready development. The sensors have a small angular error of less than 1° over temperature and their entire service life. Dual-channel TMR bridge angle sensors, TLE5501 products, also meet your wiper design requirements and realize cost-efficient solutions with precise rotation sensing. For motor commutation, high-precision hall switches in a small package will be a perfect fit for your wiper design.
- Simulate ONLINE - 12V Automotive Motor Control based on Embedded Power Full Bridge Driver TLE986x/TLE987x - Concept Circuit Charge Pump
- Simulate ONLINE - 12V Automotive Motor Control based on Embedded Power Full Bridge Driver TLE986x/TLE987x - Concept Current Sense Amplifier (CSA)
- Simulate ONLINE - 12V Automotive Motor Control based on Embedded Power Full Bridge Driver TLE986x/TLE987x - Concept BDRV
In this training you will:
- Know more about Infineon’s wide MOSFET selection for 48 V mild-hybrid electric vehicle
- Understand why and how Infineon is strengthening its position in the 40 V MOSFET market, and be familiar with Infineon’s newest 60 V MOSFETs