Comprehensive Door Control Unit system offering comprising of door lock, mirror adjustment and defroster, window lift with anti-pinch functionality as well as illumination for automotive applications.
Door electronics are an essential part of automotive cabin functionality– they allow vehicle access and an enhanced user driver experience. A modern vehicle door contains actuators, sensors, illumination, and switch loads that require control, diagnosis, and protection, these functions are achieved in a door control module.
Premium functionality of a door control module (DCM) includes:
- Window lift with anti-pinch functionality to wind and unwind windows embedding safety-critical function which detects and prevents the unlikely event of a trapped body part during adjustment of the actuator. Window lift is sometimes a function that stands alone
- Door locking, e.g. lock or unlock the door of driver, passenger, and rear doors including control of central lock and child lock in rear doors. Another module which controls the entry and exit of the vehicle is a smart power closure module
- Driver Door switch pad as central control to the window, door lock, mirror adjustment in vehicle
- Mirror Adjustment, i.e. horizontal and vertical movement of driver and passenger mirrors including folding of the mirror. Sometimes these functions stand alone
- Mirror Defroster, i.e. heating in a cold climate
- Electrochromic mirror to automatically control the glare of rear approaching headlights at nighttime
- Illumination, e.g. puddle lamp to illuminate the door or mirror when exiting the vehicle at night, ambient lighting indoor and mirror, etc.
As more safety and comfort features penetrate DCMs, there is a rising need for smart and optimized partitioning ranging from basic to premium, innovative integrated ICs and dependable power semiconductors. Many challenges emerge in meeting requirements for supply, communication, sense, actuation and control, and quiescent current targets. To tackle DCMs in the smallest space and with the lowest power dissipation and low quiescent current, integration of functions is one of the key factors for design. Infineon is your capable partner in door electronics – we offer a holistic portfolio of scalable product families ranging from discrete to high integration to fit your functional needs.
- OPTIREG™ SBC (System Basis Chip) integrates functions such as system supply, communication interface, diagnosis, switching functions, and failsafe output with best-in-class quiescent current in a single chip.
- OPTIREG™ Linear features high performance linear voltage regulators with ultra low quiescent current, wide input voltage and lowest dropout voltages for battery connected automotive applications
- Physical and modular communication interfaces for automotive LIN and CAN communication to meet basic and premium requirements
- MOTIX™ DC Motor System IC combines supply, communication, diagnosis, switching functions, and failsafe output along with half-bridge gate drives
- MOTIX™ Multi Half-Bridge IC controls up to twelve half bridges with integrated control, protection and diagnostics via SPI
- MOTIX™ Multi MOSFET Driver IC controls up to eight Half-Bridges (with external MOSFETs) with best-in-class quiescent current
- OptiMOSTM N-channel Automotive MOSFETs to drive high currents
- MOTIX™ single half-bridge IC (NovalithIC™), low ohmic protected single Half-Bridge Switch (with integrated MOSFETs)
- PROFET™ and SPIDERTM for illumination control
- XENSIV™ Hall sensors tracks window lift position, i.e. direction and speed.
As with many power motor control designs, one of the critical aspects is controlling EMC emissions during PWM operation. The Infineon MOTIX™ products (Multi MOSFET Driver IC and DC Motor System IC embeds an innovative Adaptive MOSFET Control feature which effectively reduces switching power dissipation while sustaining EMC performance. The Multi MOSFET Driver IC also provides a means to increase thermal efficiency by way of decoupling thermal hotspots in an integrated design, i.e. isolating the power stages (MOSFETs) from the power supply, communication and gate drive. Easy layout and minimized EMC filtering can be achieved through the new half-bridge configured MOSFET family (IAUC60N04S6 family).
An additional challenge for the door module designer is the increasing number of configurable variants driven by a car manufacturer’s platform strategy. To easily support the diverse variants with a single PCB design, scalability within product families has become necessary. Infineon’s TRAVEO™ T2G MCU family has a range of memory and I/O capabilities to support a flexible platform design, and the MOTIX™ family of multi half-bridges, MOSFET drivers and half bridges, for example, has the most scalable portfolio of half bridges in the market. Finally the low quiescent current budget in a door control module calls for optimized wake up behavior and low power standby operation modes which are easily achievable through the hibernate mode (5µA typical) in TRAVEO™ T2G MCU family.
To enable anti-pinch detection and ensure a safe functionality, accurate window position detection is mandatory. Therefore, XENSIV™ Hall sensors delivering speed and direction information from one sensor are the perfect choice for door modules.
Reverse battery protection
Smart High Side Switches
Multichannel SPI switches
Single Half-Bridge ICs
Multi MOSFET Drivers
Low Drop Out Regulators
System Basis Chips
Motor System ICs
Hall Position Sensors
- Summarize the control scheme of the adaptive MOSFET control over a complete PWM cycle
- Estimate the decrease of the MOSFETs’ power dissipation
- Recognize the precise output duty cycle for accurate motor control, and
- Explain the MOSFET independent switching times
- Learn about Infineon‘s MOTIX™ TLE956x motor system ICs, which are the first devices in the world that combine half-bridge gate drivers, power supply and a communication interface in a single device
- Get also an overview of the main features and benefits
- Learn about the MOTIX™ TLE985x family, which belongs to a platform of products developed specifically for highly integrated motor control solutions where a small footprint is essential
- Get also an overview of the main features and benefits
- Learn about Infineon’s MOTIX™ TLE9210x, which is a family of Multi MOSFET Driver ICs, designed to control up to eight half-bridges (up to 16 n-channel MOSFETs) with one packaged device
- Get also an overview of overview of main features and applications