EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Automotive USB Type-C and Power Delivery Controller
Highly integrated USB-C and power delivery solution for automotive charger ports
EZ-PD™ CCG3PA Automotive is Infineon's second-gen automotive USB-C and power delivery controller targeting in-vehicle charger ports. CCG3PA Automotive supports power delivery 3.0 with Programmable Power Supply (PPS), quick charge 4.0, integrated VBUS-to-CC short protection, 30 V-tolerant regulator, high-voltage PFET gate drivers, VBUS over-voltage and over-current protection, and ESD protection.
- Dynamic load sharing between ports
- Support for USB power delivery 3.0 including PPS as well as legacy protocols (BC 1.2, QC 2.0/3.0/4.0+, Apple charging, Samsung AFC)
- Single chip solution for systems with USB Type-C + Type-A (with CCG3PA Automotive)
- Smart communication to media hubs in head unit
- Support for Alternate Modes (DisplayPort) for read seat entertainment systems
- Cable compensation to account for designs with pigtails
- Smart power management, with thermal- and VIN-based power throttling
- Programmability enabling customization such as port priority, LED controls etc.
- Flash upgradability to keep up with latest USB power delivery standards
Infineon has USB Type-C and power delivery reference designs readily available online for various applications which can be used to speed up the design cycle.