SECORA™ Blockchain security solutions
SECORA™ Blockchain: Infineon’s Java Card™ solution for blockchain applications
SECORA™ Blockchain is a fast, easy-to-use Java Card™ solution supporting best-in-class security for blockchain system integration. This security solution can be used to generate and manage private keys which enable users to access blockchains securely. Java Card™ solutions are available in different form factors for blockchain applications requiring secured access to the physical world, allowing for easier blockchain design and integration into a wide range of goods. By providing a safe “vault” for user credentials, Infineon’s SECORA™ Blockchain security solutions can reduce the end user’s commercial risk and help to increase trust in the blockchain system.
- Infineon’s blockchain solution based on Java Card™ platform
- Creation and storage of up to 100 key pairs
- Various form factors, including SPA for tokens, stickers and other delivery forms with contactless interface
- Ready-to-use solution enabling rapid blockchain project implementation
- Blockchain Security2Go starter kit to accelerate customers time-to-solution
- Field proven security chip featuring Integrity Guard security technology
- Supports contact-based and contactless communication protocols
As the demand for more robust blockchain security grows alongside the development of cryptocurrency and NFTs, so too does the technology that underpins that peace of mind. Infineon’s SECORA™ Blockchain solutions offer fast, easy-to-use Java Card™ and Integrity Guard security technology that provides contact-based and contactless communication protocols, as well as SCP03 for secured authentication and encryption.
This provides secured access to blockchain ecosystems and secured transaction signing solutions, as well as supporting blockchain transactions using NFC-enabled devices. In turn, SECORA™ Blockchain technology can support increased security within non-fungible token (NFT) and object identity, and object/physical or personal identification in the blockchain to offer greater protection across all types of transactions.
Blockchain can be described as a decentralized digital ledger system that manages a continuously growing list of data points (chain of blocks). Every block in the chain is cryptographically linked to the previous one. Therefore, to change one block, an attacker would have to change the entire chain. All transactions or data points are protected by a digital signature, making it extremely difficult to change or alter them.
Depending on the use case, blockchain transactions can be triggered by people or machines/devices (cars, infrastructure devices, etc.). Typically, all participants can access and verify all data, including the full history of a blockchain. In many applications, this eliminates the need for a central “trusted” authority as well as trust between the participants.
Find out how Infineon’s SECORA™ Blockchain security solution protects and manages private keys, enabling users to securely access block chains. It is available in different form factors for easy integration into a wide range of goods. NFC-enabled phones access the block chain. Using sneakers as an example, this demo shows how this solution protects brand authenticity for luxury goods while ensuring traceability along the entire supply chain.
- Infineon’s Java Card™ solution generates a key pair for assessing the block chain
- A chip is integrated in a (luxury) product, e.g. sneakers
- The block42 App (iPhone, Android) reads the chip using NFC and connects to the block chain to prove product authenticity and supply chain compliance
- A public block chain stores the product reference
- The SECORA™ Blockchain security solution comprises chip hardware, chip software and an antenna for contactless communication
- End users are assured that they have a genuine product
- Manufacturers can prevent product tampering
- Proof of supply chain compliance and uniqueness of limited editions
- Transparent second-hand selling; global, standardized infrastructure that can be easily customized; shared ownership models; solution supports different use cases based on the same proven data
If an attacker gains access to the highly confidential credentials of another user, the attacker would have full control over that blockchain account (currency, assets, ID, contracts, etc.). Similarly, if users lose their credentials, they lose access to all blockchain assets and can no longer use or valorize them. Additionally, transactions and operations stored in a blockchain cannot be simply undone.
In summary, credentials for blockchain access call for the highest possible protection and security. Hardware-based security tokens from Infineon are the most effective way against attacks and unauthorized access.