OPTIGA™ TRUST CHARGE SLS32AIA
The trusted authentication solution for wireless charging
An increasing number of products and applications support wireless charging – driven by its obvious ease and convenience. However, an inaccurate power supply can be harmful to the device and, worst case scenario, even to the user.
Wireless charging authentication solution
Infineon’s OPTIGA™ Trust Charge is a turnkey solution providing secured device authentication for inductive wireless charging according to the Qi 1.3 wireless charging standard. Secured authentication with OPTIGA™ Trust Charge contributes to device and user safety by protecting against fake chargers.
The Qi 1.3 standard
Developed by the Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), the Qi standard defines wireless power transfer to small electronic devices with the aim of ensuring compatibility and safety for the device, and thus contributing to consumer safety. The new Qi 1.3 standard mandates a secure element certified at least according to CC/EAL4+ (high) inside the charger. Chargers have to communicate with the device in question to prove their authenticity and compliance with the standard. Certified wireless chargers prevent product damage as a result of unauthorized chargers and protect the consumer against safety hazards.
The OPTIGA™ Trust Charge authentication device is certified to Common Criteria EAL6+ (high), thus exceeding the security requirements of the Qi 1.3 standard. Infineon is able to provide personalization and injection of the certificates and keys specified by the WPC in a secured and certified environment, making it easy for customers to build in security capabilities.
Fast and easy integration
The turnkey setup – with full system integration support and all key and certificate material preprogrammed – minimizes customer effort for design, integration and deployment. OPTIGA™ Trust Charge comes with preprogrammed locked OS, locked application code, and host-side modules to integrate with host microcontroller software. Integration support includes a reference board and documentation for rapid design-in.
- WPC Qi 1.3 authentication
- Common Criteria EAL6+ (high) certified hardware
- ECDSA P-256 authentication
- NIST P-256, SHA-2 cryptography
- Up to 10 kB user memory
- Qi certificate format
- I2C serial communication
- USON10-2 package (3x3 mm)
- Extended temperature range version available
- Full turnkey solution incl. drivers, SW library, pre-implemented certificate(s) and key pair(s)
- Suitable for Qi 1.3 wireless charging – now the de-facto standard for mobile chargers
- With Common Criteria EAL6+ (high) certified hardware, OPTIGATM Trust Charge exceeds WPC’s security requirements
- Preloading of WPC-specific personalized keys and certificates at secure Infineon fabs to simplify key logistics and security integration according to Qi 1.3 standard
- Easy integration thanks to full turnkey design and complete solution offering including embedded software, host software, a development board, a reference board and documentation
- Optimized for small devices with tiny package and extended temperature range, bringing added flexibility to a wide range of consumer and industrial applications