The BTS54220-LBE is a four channel high-side smart power switch in TSON-24-1 package providing embedded protective functions. It is specially designed to control standard exterior lighting in automotive applications. In order to use the same hardware, the device can be configured to bulb or LED mode. As a result, both load types are optimized in terms of switching and diagnosis behavior. It is designed to drive exterior lamps up to 65 W and 27 W, HIDL or the equivalent LED light.
- 8-bit serial peripheral interface (daisy chain capable SPI) for control and diagnosis.
- PWM driving possible through direct inputs or via SPI
- Integrated control for one external smart power switch Selectable AND-/ OR- combination for the parallel inputs (PWM control)
- Load type configuration via SPI (bulb or LEDs)
- Very low Stand By current
- Fail Safe activation via Limp Home pin and configuration via input pins only
- Green Product (RoHS-Compliant)
- AEC Qualified.
- Full modularity of the SPOC+ Family enables development re-use and quick adaptation to loadlist changes
- Extra small leadless package (TSON24) helps reduce the PCB area
- Simplified overal PCB layout, small PCB area, reduced bill of material on system level
- Control of one external PROFETs through SPI gives the flexibility to use scalable, pin compatible devices to drive optional loads
- Smaller MCU package required as control is done via SPI daisy chains
- Added diagnostics via SPI in addition to multiplexed current sense
- Module quality improvement using a pre-tested "system on chip" device and simplified design
- Highside power switch for 12 V grounded loads
- Especially designed for standard exterior lighting like high beam, low beam, indicator, parking light, using bulbs, HIDL or LEDs
- Further automotive and industrial applications such as heating, motor driving, energy and power distribution
- Replaces electromechanical relays with fuses, as well as discrete chip sets
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)