The BTS54040-LBB is a four channel high-side smart power switch in TSON-24-1 package providing embedded
protective functions. It is specially designed to control standard exterior lighting in automotive applications. In order
to use the same hardware, the device can be configured to bulb or LED mode. As a result, both load types are
optimized in terms of switching and diagnosis behavior.
It is designed to drive exterior lamps up to 27 W or the equivalent LED light.
- 8-bit serial peripheral interface (daisy chain capable SPI) for control and diagnosis.
- PWM driving possible through direct inputs or via SPI
- Selectable AND-/ OR- combination for the parallel inputs (PWM control)
- Load type configuration via SPI (bulb or LEDs)
- Lead Tip Inspection (LTI) feature on package sidewalls
- Very low Stand By current
- Fail Safe activation via Limp Home pin and configuration via input pins only
- Green Product (RoHS-Compliant)
- AEC Qualified.
- Full modularity of the SPOC+ Family enables development re-use and quick adaptation to loadlist changes
- Extra small leadless package (TSON24) helps reduce the PCB area
- Soldering process with standard Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI)
- Simplified overal PCB layout, small PCB area, reduced bill of material on system level
- Smaller MCU package required as control is done via SPI daisy chains
- Added diagnostics via SPI in addition to multiplexed current sense
- Module quality improvement using a pre-tested "system on chip" device and simplified design
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)