CoolMOS™ C7 superjunction MOSFET offers best-in-class performance in PFC and LLC topologies
The 600V CoolMOS ™ C7 superjunction (SJ) MOSFET series offers a ~50% reduction in turn-off losses (E oss ) compared to the CoolMOS™ CP, offering an outstanding level of performance in PFC, TTF and other hard-switching topologies.
Efficiency and TCO (total cost of ownership) applications such as hyperdata centers and high efficiency telecom rectifiers (>96%) benefit from the higher efficiency offered by CoolMOS ™ C7. Gains of 0.3% to 0.7% in PFC and 0.1% in LLC topologies can be achieved. In the case of a 2.5kW server PSU, for example, using 600V CoolMOS ™ C7 SJ MOSFETs in a TO-247 4pin package can result in energy cost reductions of ~10% for PSU energy loss.
- Reduced switching loss parameters such as Q G, C oss, E oss
- Best-in-class figure of merit Q G*R DS(on)
- Increased switching frequency
- Best R (on)*A in the world
- Rugged body diode
- Enables increasing switching frequency without loss in efficiency
- Measure showing key parameter for light load and full load efficiency
- Doubling the switching frequency will half the size of magnetic components
- Smaller packages for same R DS(on)
- Can be used in many more positions for both hard and soft switching topologies
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)