60V linear LED controller IC with voltage feedback to primary side / Active Headroom Control
BCR601 is a linear LED controller IC regulating the LED current with an external driver transistor. It supports either NPN bipolar transistors or N-channel MOSFETs to cover a wide LED current and power range up to several amperes. The LED current is fully scalable by dimensioning an external resistor at MFIO pin.
A unique feature of BCR601 is to provide feedback to the primary side via an optocoupler to control the output voltage of the primary side converter, e.g. XDPL8218. The integrated control loop minimizes the voltage overhead and power dissipation of the external driver transistor. This capability, coupled with the adjustment of voltage overhead by external configuration according to application needs, leads to efficient LED systems.
AC line ripple suppression, analog dimming option and various protection features round up this device for LED drivers allowing for flicker-free light and longevity of LEDs.
- Supply voltage 8V to 60V
- Supports use of NPN bipolar transistors and N-channel MOSFETs
- 100Hz/120Hz supply voltage ripple suppression
- Active Headroom Control (supports an optocoupler feedback loop to primary side minimizing power losses)
- 3% analog dimming of LED current by a resistor or DC voltage at the MFIO pin
- Rset functionality at MFIO pin,
- LED current precision ±3%
- Hot plug protection to minimize LED inrush current
- Overvoltage protection
- Overtemperature protection