High voltage resonant controller IC with PFC for LED driver
The ICL5101 integrates a half-bridge controller with a PFC stage in a single package. The high level of integration assures a low count of external components, enabling small form factor designs ideal for compact power supplies in lighting applications, such as LED driver.
The PFC stage operates in CrCM and DCM mode, supporting stable operation at low load conditions down to 0.1% of the nominal power. The half-bridge resonant stage – typically in LLC topology – provides high- and low-side gate drive function for discrete MOSFETs rated up to 650V.
Its non-overlap dead time is adaptive from 500ns ... 1.0μs. All operation parameters of the IC are adjustable by simple resistors, this being the ideal choice for cheap and reliable configuration. A comprehensive set of protection features incl. an adjustable external over temperature protection and capacitive load protection ensures the detection of fault conditions to increase the system safety.
- Supports AC and DC input
- Combined PFC and half-bridge IC
- Integrated high-side gate driver
- Power factor correction > 99%, THD < 10%
- High efficiency up to 95%
- Ultra-fast time to light < 200ms
- Supports outdoor use by extended junction temperature range from -40°C to +125°C
- Stable low load operation mode down to 0.1 % of nominal power rating
- High level of integration resulting in low external component count and cost
- All operation parameters are adjustable with simple resistors to allow simple configuration
- Stable low load operation mode
- Comprehensive protection modes
- Indoor and outdoor high-power LED lighting
- High-bay and low-bay lighting
- Street Lighting
- Parking garages and area lighting
- Office panel lighting
- Shop lighting
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)