Responding to the market requirement of high power density and highest performance discrete products Infineon introduces the new Kelvin Emitter TO-247PLUS 4pin package for 1200V IGBT. Higher current capability, improved thermal behaviour, extended C-E creepage are the key features of the TO-247PLUS package. The 4pin package configuration provides ultra-low inductance to the gate-emitter control loop with the 4pin package directly to the gate driver and allows for reduction the both of E on and E off losses amounting up to 20% lower total switching losses E ts.
- Extremely low control inductance loop with extra emitter pin for driver feedback
- 20% reduction in total switching losses compared to 3pin package using same technology
- Up to 75 A 1200 V IGBT co-packed with 75 A diode in TO-247 footprint
- Highest efficiency with lowest switching losses 1200 V IGBT
- High power density 1200V discrete IGBT
- Lower thermal resistance R th(jh) and improved by ~15% heat dissipation capability of TO-247PLUS vs TO-247
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)