1200 V, 4.4 A single-channel isolated gate driver with Miller clamp and short circuit clamping
EiceDRIVER™ Compact single-channel isolated gate driver with 4.1/4.4 A typical sinking and sourcing peak output current in DSO-8 narrow package with 4 mm creepage distance for IGBTs, MOSFETs and SiC MOSFETs.
1EDI20I12MF belongs to the EiceDRIVER™ 1ED Compact 150mil family (1ED-MF family). 1EDI20I12MF offers active Miller clamp, 240 ns input filter, accurate and stable timing.
- EiceDRIVER™ Compact single channel isolated gate driver family
- For 600 V, 650 V, 1200 V IGBTs, SiC and Si MOSFETs
- Galvanically isolated coreless transformer gate driver
- 4.4 A typical sinking and sourcing peak output current
- 20 V absolute maximum output supply voltage
- 300 ns propagation delay with 240 ns input filter
- High common-mode transient immunity CMTI >100 kV/μs
- Active Miller clamp
- Short-circuit clamping and active shutdown
- DSO-8 150 mil narrow-body package with 4 mm creepage distance
- 10.5 V/12.7 V undervoltage lockout (UVLO) protection with hysteresis
- Active Miller clamp to prevent parasitic turn on, ideal for driving CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET and TRENCHSTOP™ IGBT7
- Integrated filters reduce the need of external filters
- Wide input voltage operating range
- Suitable for operation at high ambient temperature and in fast switching applications
- No need to adapt signal voltage levels between μController and driver
- Active shutdown to ensure a safe IGBT off-state in case the output chip is not connected to the power
- Short-circuit clamping to limit the gate voltage during short circuit
- EiceDRIVER™ 1ED Compact now including X3 Compact family (1ED31xx), with up to 14 A output current, 200 kV/µs CMTI
- Show system benefit of Miller clamp, separate output, active shutdown, short circuit clamping, 7-ns prop. delay matching
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET and IGBT7. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577. For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, SMPS
You will have a glimpse of the different gate driver technologies available at Infineon and their benefits.
For a better understanding we will take a look at the optimization of external gate resistors to drive MOSFETs in a given application.
With this training, you will learn how to calculate a gate resistance value for an IGBT application, how to identify suitable gate driver ICs based on peak current and power dissipation requirements, and how to fine-tune the gate resistance value in laboratory environment based on worst case conditions.
Silicon Carbide MOSFETs bring a lot of opportunities to power electronics. However, how to achieve sufficient system benefits by using Silicon Carbide MOSFETs with suitable gate drivers? This training helps you to learn how to calculate a reference gate resistance value for your Silicon Carbide MOSFET; how to identify suitable gate driving ICs based on peak current and power dissipation requirements; and how to fine-tune the gate resistance value in laboratory environment based on worst case conditions.
- EiceDRIVER™ isolated gate driver family use the state-of-the-art coreless transformer (CT) isolation technology
- The CT based isolated gate driver offers higher current, lower power consumption, better CMTI and best in class propagation delay matching
- Perfect for CoolSiC™ SiC MOSFET and IGBT7. VDE 0884-11 & UL 1577. For solar, EV charging, industrial drive, UPS, etc.