XDP™ integrated digital power controller with PMBus for isolated DC-DC power applications
Infineon presents industry’s smallest digital power controller offered in 24-pin VQFN package. The XDP™ digital power supply controller XDPP1100-Q024 is highly-integrated and programmable, offering advanced power control solutions. The product targets a broad range of DC-DC power applications and supports various isolated and non-isolated topologies.
The one-of-a-kind architecture of the XDP™ digital power controller includes many optimized power-processing blocks to enhance the performance of isolated DC-DC converters, reduce external components, and minimize firmware development efforts. The XDPP1100-Q024 also provides accurate telemetry and a Power Management Bus (PMBus 1.3) interface for system communication, advanced power conversion, and monitoring. The integrated current-sensing capability and the compact chip size (24-pin 4mm2) can greatly reduce the solution size by eliminating many external components.
A combination of high-performance AFE, state-machine-based digital control loop, and a microcontroller integrated in a single chip makes the XDPP1100-Q024 a highly-integrated, programmable, and fastest-time-to-market technology for modern high-end power systems. For this reason, it perfectly qualifies for being employed in telecom infrastructures, 48V server motherboards, datacenters, and industrial 4.0 applications. This product is designed to meet power quality and latency challenges and it provides a most optimal solution for high-end power systems.
- Digitally configurable feedback control supports various control modes
- Including 100MHz, 32bit Arm® Cortex®-M0 processor for customization
- Enhanced dynamic transient performance with VINfeed-forward control
- Low IC standby power
- Flux- and phase-current balancing
- Dedicated hardware peripherals include high-performance voltage and current-sense ADCs
- Supporting burst mode, diode emulation, synchronous rectification soft on/off
- Excellent load regulation with Infineon patented, fast transient response control schemes
- Firmware-based system configuration with GUI Support
- Industry’s smallest digital power controller offered in 24-pin VQFN package
- Firmware-based system configuration with GUI support for ease of use and product differentiation
- Allows user-specific customization and software-based design changes
- Pre-programmed peripherals and configurability for faster time to market
- Enhanced control and excellent dynamic transient performance
- Integrated V/I sensing capability provides best in class system performance, significantly reduced BOM size, and low system cost
- Sophisticated system-level fault handling
- System housekeeping,e fan control, LED control, sequencing, PGOOD etc., with configurable GPIOs
- High efficiency at light-load management