PSoC™ 1 reducing your 8-bit system cost
The PSoC™ family consists of many programmable system-on-chips with on-chip controller devices. These devices are designed to replace multiple traditional MCU based system components with one, low cost single chip programmable component. A PSoC™ device includes configurable analog and digital blocks, and programmable interconnect. This architecture enables the user to create customized peripheral configurations, to match the requirements of each individual application. Additionally, a fast CPU, flash program memory, SRAM data memory, and configurable I/O are included in a range of convenient pinouts.
The PSoC™ architecture for this device family is comprised of three main areas: core, system resources, and CAPSENSE™ analog system. A common, versatile bus enables connection between I/O and the analog system. Each CY8C20x24 PSoC™ device includes a dedicated CAPSENSE™ block that provides sensing and scanning control circuitry for capacitive sensing applications. Depending on the PSoC™ package, up to 28 GPIOs are also included.
- 2.4 to 5.5 V core voltage
- Up to 28 GPIOs: Combination of buttons, multi-segment sliders, touchpads, proximity sensors, LEDs, other GPIO functions
- I2C and SPI communication interfaces
- Wide variety of packages : 16QFN (3x3mm) to 32QFN (5x5mm)
- Proximity sensing
- Patented CSA technology for robust immunity to conducted and radiated noise