200 W dual output 48V-to-PoL single step converter with XDP™ digital power controller
This 200 W 48 V dual digital Point-of-Load is a telecom power solution with a unique setup of non-isolated SMPS and single-stage 48V-to-PoL to eliminate the switching losses of conventional two-stage solution. This compacted and innovative power system contains a hybrid architecture of 48 V DC to 12 V DC synchronous buck and 48 V DC to 1 V DC half-bridge current-doubler solution to ensure Intermediate Bus and Direct Conversion to Point-of-Load. Dual outputs provide 200 W output power in a wide input voltage range 36 V – 75 V with an impressive efficiency of up to 97 % and voltage accuracy up to ±0.5 % over full temperature range -40 °C to 125 °C.
The latest and best-in-class Infineon devices were combined with XDPP1100 XDP™ digital power controller to achieve the highest efficiency and power density. Infineon’s OptiMOS™ 5 power transistors BSC040N10NS5 / BSC070N10NS5 and BSC009NE2LS5I are best-performing low parasitic devices to achieve incomparable performance with minimum stress on the devices. OptiMOS™ FETs are driven by Infineon’s 2EDN7524G / 2EDL8112G EiceDRIVER™ gate drivers with fast short-circuit protection (DESAT). Besides that, a complete symmetrical half-bridge power solution, DHP1050N10N5, brings all its OptiMOS™ 5 benefits and minimizes board size due to its based FETs and driver integration.
- Voltage accuracy up to ±0.5 % over full temperature range -40 °C to 125 °C
- Fully programmable digital control based on 32-bit, ARM® Cortex™-M0
- Magnificent feed-forward and load regulation with Infineon patented fast transient response control
- System configuration, monitor and control with PMBus and GUI Support
- Temperature compensation
- Optimized power stage compactness by FET’s integrated drivers
- Increase power density and overall reliability
- Accurate V/I/Temp telemetry with advanced fault protection
- Innovative system control with fast response
- Configurable external LED support and FAN control