65W USB-PD SMPS reference design with XDPS21081
This is a 65W USB-PD type C charger reference design in a small form factor. The reference design has been developed to demonstrate the performance by meeting various regulatory limits as well as allowing for small form factor designs. It features Infineon’s digital flyback controller XDPS21081, 600V CoolMOS™ C7 Superjunction MOSFET (IPL60R185C7), OptiMOS™ PD synchronous-rectification MOSFET (BSC0802LS), 30V OptiMOS™ MOSFET
(BSZ0905PNS) which serves as a safety switch and small-signal-MOSFET (BSL606SN).
This 65W USB-PD 3.0 type C charger has a universal input voltage range of 90~264 VAC. The supported output is 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A and 20V/3.25A. Its peak efficiency is 93%, with a low standby input power of <65mW.
- Universal input voltage range 90~264VAC
- Up to 65W continuous power with peak efficiency of more than 93%
- Fixed output: 5V/3A, 9V/3A, 12V/3A, 15V/3A, 20V/3.25A
- Meets EU CoC Tier 2 and DoE Energy Star Level VI average efficiency and no-load input power requirements
- Ease-of-customization with compact form factor design
- High efficiency and low standby power consumption to meet international regulatory requirements