1 kW engine cooling fan reference design powered by 12V vehicle battery
The reference design is an automotive 3-phase motor drive for engine cooling fan application using MOSFETs with a gatecharge > 100nC presents the current capability via the first worldwide integrated bridge driver capable to drive 1kW motors at 12V. The main components used in the reference are:
- TLE9879QXW40: This device is a part of Embedded Power IC family and it is a single chip 3-phase motor driver, System-on-Chip (SoC) solution. It integrates an industry standard Arm® Cortex®-M3 core along with LIN transceiver, bridge driver and power supply, enabling the implementation of advanced motor control algorithms such as sensorless field-oriented control (FOC).
- IAUA250N04S6N007: This is an OptiMOS™-6 40 V MOSFET in high-power leadless sTOLL package, providing higher current capability in smaller form factor of 7x8 mm² without sacrificing thermal performance. In combination with OptiMOS™-6 40 V power MOS technology, sTOLL offers best in class power density and power efficiency at Infineon’s well known quality level for robust automotive packages.
The reference design is optimized in terms of EMC and thermal behaviour. Moreover, it includes comprehensive support material including layout and schematic files (Altium), EMC tests, thermal analysis and detailed documentation.
Take your design to the next level and fast-track your time-to-market with our 1 kW engine cooling fan reference design.
- Up to 1 kW power capability for 12V automotive cooling fan applications
- Optimized BOM and PCB size (ø100mm)
- Optimized thermal behavior
- SWD port for debug connection
- Hall sensor, LIN, ADC ports
- High-temperature FR4 PCB with 2oz, 6-layer Copper
- Single-side component mounting
- Extensive documentation including
- layout files
- getting started guide
- hardware design guideline
- EMC measurement report
- thermal analysis
- example software
Explore benefits of the engine cooling fan reference design
The reference design provides recommendation for parts and layout. Moreover, it is a PCB-based design which takes less time in assembling a circuit in comparison to a leadframe solution.
Due to the highly integrated Embedded Power IC device and OptiMOS™-6 40 V MOSFET in sTOLL package, providing an ultra-small footprint, reference design offers minimal BOM and reduced PCB size.
The reference design is equipped with the best-in-class components with trusted Infineon quality sustaining product longevity.
Scalability of the Embedded Power IC device enables customer to extend the platform approach up to 1 kW.
In order to get the board ready and running, the software shown in table below shall be installed.
For more information about the tool chain installation steps, watch our video "Toolchain Installation for Embedded Power ICs / TLE98xx".
|Toolchain Installation Steps||Company||Description|
Download and Install
Download and Install
|STEP 4||Download the SDK via
µVision 5 Pack Installer
(see step 1)
*If you still need the Config Wizard V1, please follow the link.