48V – 12V fully regulated isolated 1/8th brick module using digital control
The REF_275W_HBCT_XDPP1100 is a system solution for telecom isolated DC-DC power modules, achieving 95% peak efficiency in DOSA standard eighth brick form factors. This reference design introduces a secondary side digital control and hard switching half-bridge topology delivering 12V/275W of output power. It operates across a wide range of input voltages - 36V-72V. The achieved power density is 21W/cm³ (350W/in³), which is enabled by XDPP1100 digital controller in a 4x4 QFN package and an integrated half-bridge power stage (DHP1050N10N5)1.
The XDPP1100 is a compact digital power controller that offers superior levels of integration and performance in a single-chip solution. The flexible nature of XDPP1100 makes it suitable for a variety of power conversion applications. The XDPP1100 device includes optimized analog front end, multiple pre-programmed peripherals, a fast state-machine based control loop, and a microcontroller. This unique architecture enhances the performance of isolated DC-DC applications, reduces BOM size, and allows advanced control functions as well as customization, whilst providing the fastest time to market.
The reference design on top of the XDPP1100 contains also another highlight product, namely the DHP1050N10N51. A 100V power state solution with integrated high-side and low-side MOSFETs in a single package.
- Digital controlled isolated DC-DC eighth brick module
- Secondary side voltage mode control
- Fast line transient response using input voltage feed-forward
- Fast load transient performance using non-linear response
- Integrated PMBus™ and I2C communication
- Implements active current sharing
- Smoother pre-bias start-up
- Output voltage accuracy +/-1% over full temperature range -40°C to 125°C
- Best in class feed-forward response
- Configurable output voltage
- Industry-leading Power Density of 350 W/in³ for Telecom and Datacom
- Accurate current / voltage / temperature telemetry for protection and advanced system control
- Optimized compacted power stage
- Digital control increases overall reliability
- High power density and reduced BOM with component integration
- Pre-programmed control providing the fastest time-to-market
- Provides future proof optimal solution via PMBus™ adjustments
- Isolated DC/DC Brick module
- Telecom infrastructure
- Server motherboard
- 48V Computing and Datacenter SMPS
- Industrial 4.0
List of components:
- Digital power controller with PMBus interface
- Integrated half-bridge power stage
- OptiMOS™ 5 80V Power-Transistor
- Fast dual-channel 5A gate driver
1DHP1050N10N5 is currently in development. Please contact Infineon customer service for more information.