Reference design for motor control in residential aircon applications
REF-AIRCON-C302-IM564 is a 3-phase turnkey motor drive for air conditioner outdoor units (ODU) with an IMC302 iMOTION™ controller, a CIPOS™ Mini IPM IM564-X6D inverter with integrated PFC stage, a 1ED44175 gate driver for the PFC stage and a CoolSET™ ICE5AR4770BZS for the auxiliary supply.
The reference board enables customer to design more efficient ODUs with smaller form factors compared to discrete implementations. Moreover the IMC302 iMOTION™ controller provides a fully featured motor control (MCE2.0) which allows to reduce development cycle time by concentrating on application development rather than on basic motor control.
- Typical 1400 W motor power with heatsink cooling
- Maximum 2500 W motor power with forced convection
- Input voltage rage of 85...265 VAC incl. on-board auxiliary voltage supply
- On-board inductor for 40~60 Khz PFC operation
- Control interfaces to external BLDC or AC fan, 4-way valve and temperature sensor
- Communication interface to indoor unit (IDU)
- Overcurrent and over temperature protection and a fault diagnostic LED output
- Small 2-layer PCB with 250 mm × 157 mm
- Easy-to-use iMOTION™ control firmware
- Excellent PFC performance (PF=0.999 and THD=3.4% measured for typical use case of 1400 W)
- Up to 15% PCB space savings compared to discrete implementation
- All interfaces for a complete system solution are on-board and can be controlled by Software
- Ready-to-use motor control algorithms (incl. PFC) for high-efficiency permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM)