Combining our technology of IGBT7, current sensor, gate driver and control in one system
The reference design REF-22K-GPD-INV-EASY3B is an industrial motor drive for three-phase 400 V AC grids and has a nominal power of 22 kW. It includes the EasyPIM™ 3B power module FP100R12W3T7_B11, the current sensor TLI4971-A120T5, the gate driver IC 1ED3131MC12H, the 1.7 kV SiC-MOSFET IMBF170R1K0M1 and the microcontrollers XMC4800-F144F2048 and XMC4300-F100K256. The combination of these Infineon products allows the customer to evaluate these products in one design and experience the interaction between the products.
This Reference Design is a general purpose drive developed for applications like pumps, fans, compressors, conveyor belts. The design has the look and feel of a typical drive and includes EMI filter, a pre-charge and capacitor bank, isolated power supplies, a power module, controls and a heat sink with a fan. It can be operated directly on a three-phase grid, enabling a fast evaluation of our technologies such as IGBT7, gate driver, current sensor and control technologies in one system, providing a one-stop solution.
- FP100R12W3T7_B11: EasyPIM™ 3B IGBT7 module for high current and high power density
- TLI4971-A120T5: XENSIV™ current sensor for measuring high currents with minimal power loss
- 1ED3131MC12H: EiceDRIVER™ single-channel gate driver for optimal EMI performance and low power losses
- IMBF170R1K0M1: CoolSiC™ MOSFET 1700 V enables direct drive by most fly-back controllers
- XMC4800-F144F2048: Microcontroller for motor drive
- XMC4300-F100K256 AA: Microcontroller for communication
- Pre-tested reference design can be fully re-used for customization
- Superior power density through Easy3B package and small current sensors
- Increased energy efficiency, thanks to the IGBT7 (lower conduction losses)
- Competitive cost position with the leadless Easy3B package and current sensor
- The design offers a “plug-and-produce“ solution for customers to evaluate the Infineon chip-set offering under real operating conditions