The MCETOOLV2 is an isolated debugger tool designed to program and debug IRMCK099, IRMCx100 and RMCx300 series iMOTION™ motor control ICs on the user’s target board (final application board) or on their respective evaluation boards.
The MCETOOLV2 is also required for motor and inverter board parameter configuration and tuning via UART to USB interface. For this functionality, Infineon additionally provides the necessary PC tools MCEWizzard and MCEDesigner, available under Tools & Software tab (click on “+” to see all available Software packages). These 2 software tools are delivered as a part of the respective Series’ Installer package (e.g. “99 Series Installer” for IRMCK099M devices, or “100 Series Installer” for IRMCK1xx or IRMCF1xx devices).
The MCETOOLV2 is required for using any iMOTION™ IRMCKxxx control board of the iMOTION™ Modular Application Design Kit (MADK) platform. Please check the content of the respective kit on its website to learn if MCETOOL V2 is part of the kit, or it needs to be ordered separately.
IMPORTANT NOTE: MCETOOLV2 is functionally equivalent to MCETOOLV1 which has been obsoleted.
- Programming of RAM, Flash and OTP memory for IRMCKxxx and IRMCFxxx devices
- Debugging of embedded 8051 core via standard JTAG interface
- Configuring and Tuning of system and motor parameters via virtual UART
- All interfaces are galvanically isolated
- 3.3 VDC output voltage to target
- Internal generation of OTP programming voltage
- USB interface to PC for power and data
- Ships with all required cables
- Easy motor parametrization and tuning
- Fast time to market – No coding required
Find out more about our evaluation boards for driving 3-phase motors, powered by IRSM505-065DA2 CIPOS™ Micro or IRSM836-045MA CIPOS™ Nano Intelligent Power Modules (IPMs). These boards are equipped with a standardized iMOTION™ MADK M1 platform interface and can be controlled with different control boards having the same interface:
Read more about compact and flexible 3-phase motor drive kits. These system solution kits are powered by various CIPOS™ Nano IPMs and XMC 1302 MCU. Everything needed to get a functioning motor system running in less than 1 hour is included. Motor control software is preloaded or available for download. An easy to use GUI software for parametirization and tuning is available as well:
Technical Assistance Center (TAC)